Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
static86

10'-20' - static86

Profile - 10'-20'

Steel – Step 272

Hollow – 3/4"

Skates - CCM Super Tacks size 8 with Superfeet Carbon pro hockey inserts.

About Me –  I've been skating regularly for 10 years, started in my early 20's and have been working on my skating ever since. I've done several power skating classes to help improve along with plenty of extra ice time to put it all together and practice. I am usually on the ice 3-4 times a week between beer league and sticks and pucks. I had my skates profiled for the first time about 3 years ago to a 10' and it was an immediate improvement to the stock CCM steel which did not seem very consistent. I've been curious about trying some other profiles and came across the Prosharp Project and it seemed like a great way to find out what works best for me.

Review -  Vs the single 10', this profile feels similar in mobility, a little bit faster in acceleration, it felt more stable and definitely has more speed, a lot more. I have skated on this profile for 4-5 hours so far, which included playing 2 games. The speed is the biggest thing I noticed, going back to pick the puck up and coming around the net with some crossovers, I was easily able to accelerate to my top speed and fly out of the zone. I was able to chase down other players easier and felt solid on my skates in some board and net front battles. Out of the single 10', the Zuperior M, and the 10'-20', the 10'-20' is my favorite so far, I still have a couple more profiles to try out so that might change.

Acceleration - 3

Mobility - 2.5

Stability – 4

Speed – 4.5

Profiles I've tried rated best to worst:

1. Quad 1

2. Quad 0

3. 10'-20'

4. 10' (control)

5. Zuperior M

Edited by static86