Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Siponarius

Nexus Boot Last question

I know the boot last changed between 2012 (1000 Series) and 2014 (8000). I’m not sure if it changed again afterwards the 2016 (1N Series) and 2018 (2N Series). Does anyone know if they did?

Reason why I ask is I have a pair of SMU N2900 which fit amazingly, and I had the opportunity to pick up a pair of 6000s in the same size, possibly for ODR use. Poking around the internets, they appear to be the same heritage/price point, but they don’t feel the same, and I’m not sure if they were built on the same last, or they just aren’t broken in. 

Anyone have any insight? Additionally, how much different do the N2900s and 2Ns fit?

thanks in advance!

IMO the 2016 1N series and the 2014 8000 series do not feel the same. 

I used a pair of 2014 Nexus 5000s starting in late 2014. In the spring of 2018 I felt that they had started to really soften up and started looking for a new pair and knowing I loved and best fit in the Nexus line, started trying on the 1N series was starting to go on clearance at my LHS. Tried different price points and sizes (all D, couldn't fine any EEs) and none were really close IMO in terms of fit to the 2014 series. I ended up finding a 2014 series pair of 7000s and went with those instead. 

I can't speak to the 2N series fit. 

Hope this helps!

• Like 1