Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Cosmic

STX Surgeon RX3 Flex question

For those who have used the STX Surgeon RX3, how is the flex rating?

I used the RX2.1 in an 85 flex and I recall it seeming like a telephone pole. If the flex rating has remained the same, then it ought to be an 85 again.

Presently, I am using a Tacks in 95 flex, and it is perfect.

Should I go 100 or 85 flex in the STX Surgeon RX3?

I am 6'2, 215 lbs, and rarely shoot slapshots.

I do not like feeling bend in the stick though when I am stickhandling though. 

4 hours ago, Cosmic said:

For those who have used the STX Surgeon RX3, how is the flex rating?

I used the RX2.1 in an 85 flex and I recall it seeming like a telephone pole. If the flex rating has remained the same, then it ought to be an 85 again.

Presently, I am using a Tacks in 95 flex, and it is perfect.

Should I go 100 or 85 flex in the STX Surgeon RX3?

I am 6'2, 215 lbs, and rarely shoot slapshots.

I do not like feeling bend in the stick though when I am stickhandling though. 

hi, I use a 75 flex in all my sticks now and to me, it feels like the flex plays true to specs. not sure if the dual kickpoints have anything to do with what you might feel. for me I would go with the 85 as I like a little more flex in my sticks, and also don't take many slap shots. hope this helps.

I have a RX3 with a rating of 75, and I feel more flex it in than my SuperTacks which has a flex rating of 65. But I'm not always great at sensing these things.

2 hours ago, bgdawg019 said:

hi, I use a 75 flex in all my sticks now and to me, it feels like the flex plays true to specs. not sure if the dual kickpoints have anything to do with what you might feel. for me I would go with the 85 as I like a little more flex in my sticks, and also don't take many slap shots. hope this helps.

I attributed what felt super stiff to the shaft shape geometry- maybe that design gives more rigidity. Or, maybe STX was just dialing in their flex and has since softened up? But yes it could have been the dual kickpoint- it’s hard to sag.

it wasn’t a bad thing- I actually really liked the Surgeon. The geometry was great, and the thing was a tank for me.

i just got tired of P88 and switched to P30 and thus got out of STX and into CCM. Thinking of giving the P28 a try in an STX now.

1 hour ago, Cosmic said:

I attributed what felt super stiff to the shaft shape geometry- maybe that design gives more rigidity. Or, maybe STX was just dialing in their flex and has since softened up? But yes it could have been the dual kickpoint- it’s hard to sag.

it wasn’t a bad thing- I actually really liked the Surgeon. The geometry was great, and the thing was a tank for me.

i just got tired of P88 and switched to P30 and thus got out of STX and into CCM. Thinking of giving the P28 a try in an STX now.

that's the curve I use, p28 and I like it. I just prefer a softer feel as I let the stick do a lot of the work on snap shot and pass's. so when it comes to the feel I'm at a different end then you are. catching pass's you have to choke down a bit make sure it doesn't fly off. but its on par with my bauer 77 flex.