Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Vet88

Gel STX

I could see how this would help with stickhandling, but you could probably accomplish the same improvement by strapping weights to your wrists. 

Don't really see how it would help much with shooting, since the modern technique is to push down to load the stick.  If this stick has the same flex profile as your regular stick, it won't take any additional strength to load it.  I think your shooting would benefit more from using weighted pucks.

I love the idea of Johnny Suburb pestering his parents to buy him the new $350 375g super lite air maxxx stick, then turning around and demanding that he now needs an additional heavier training stick.   

None of the info I can find on these mentions their weight or flex profile. Same flex profile as your “game stick” seems like it’s at least as important as curve. 

If you want a heavier stick, can’t you just buy a $50 stick from Walmart or Canadian Tire?

If you want to get stronger do strength training. If you want to get better at stickhandling, practice stickhandling with your regular stick. Same with shooting.

5 hours ago, Tom90 said:

If you want to get stronger do strength training. If you want to get better at stickhandling, practice stickhandling with your regular stick. Same with shooting.

I second this, and add a $10 weight to your stick:

https://www.purehockey.com/product/a-r-hockey-stick-weight-16-oz/itm/17622-2/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7sWjss275QIVhyCtBh0UPwPVEAQYAyABEgKoYPD_BwE

Most people in this forum cringe a the thought of spending $250 on a game stick, let alone a training stick. 

Just buy a low end stick model and use that. For example, let's say you use a TRUE A6.0 for your game stick, use a TRUE A1.0 for practice. There is about 100+ grams difference in weight. That's what most of the kids I coach do.