Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
akravetz

Need stick help for 14U bantam son

He started to use a T85 P26 Sherwood stick in August and of course, promptly began to crack the toe and now needs a new stick. He's 14, plays in the Chicago Northern League and his 4'9, 100 pounds. He wants a 50 flex and no grip. They have stopped making the 85 and I can't figure out what the new version is. Also, the pattern p26 appears to be limited to Sherwood. Is there a version in other brands and if so, what is it. He's a righty. I don't want to break the bank on a stick as well, he's 14. He's a winger so he goes into the corners a lot and I think that's how he is banging up his stick. Or, he's just being 14. :)

You guys have always come through for me on advice. Looking for a cheapish way to replace his stick (he has no back up now either). Thanks. 

Andy in Peoria

49 minutes ago, akravetz said:

He started to use a T85 P26 Sherwood stick in August and of course, promptly began to crack the toe and now needs a new stick. He's 14, plays in the Chicago Northern League and his 4'9, 100 pounds. He wants a 50 flex and no grip. They have stopped making the 85 and I can't figure out what the new version is. Also, the pattern p26 appears to be limited to Sherwood. Is there a version in other brands and if so, what is it. He's a righty. I don't want to break the bank on a stick as well, he's 14. He's a winger so he goes into the corners a lot and I think that's how he is banging up his stick. Or, he's just being 14. 🙂

You guys have always come through for me on advice. Looking for a cheapish way to replace his stick (he has no back up now either). Thanks. 

Andy in Peoria

the p26 curve is pretty close to the standard " p92 for bauer, p29 ccm and w03 for warrior" almost all level of sticks will have that curve option avalible as it is the most popular pattern in hockey.

check out hockey monkey for some older models that might be on clearance, in that pattern there should be multiple options.

Edited by bgdawg019

4 hours ago, akravetz said:

He started to use a T85 P26 Sherwood stick in August and of course, promptly began to crack the toe and now needs a new stick. He's 14, plays in the Chicago Northern League and his 4'9, 100 pounds. He wants a 50 flex and no grip. They have stopped making the 85 and I can't figure out what the new version is. Also, the pattern p26 appears to be limited to Sherwood. Is there a version in other brands and if so, what is it. He's a righty. I don't want to break the bank on a stick as well, he's 14. He's a winger so he goes into the corners a lot and I think that's how he is banging up his stick. Or, he's just being 14. 🙂

Andy in Peoria

Outside of the usual big internet stores, I check out www.sidelineswap.com and www.prostockhockey.com for deals.

Finding a non - grip stick is tough these days, you might be better off removing the grip after you buy it if your son wants a glossy or matte finish.

That said, these might fit your needs:

https://www.hockeymonkey.com/equipment/hockey-sticks-shafts-blades/sticks-all-composite/hockey-sticks-junior/easton-hockey-stick-synergy-gx-grip-jr.html

https://www.hockeymonkey.com/equipment/hockey-sticks-shafts-blades/sticks-all-composite/hockey-sticks-junior/true-hockey-stick-a6-0-sbp-jr.html

Oh, if you want to look for older composite shafts with non-grip and attach it to a separate composite blade, check out this Latvian hockey store, https://www.hokejam.com/hockey-sticks/ccm-vector-v8-0-junior-composite-hockey-shaft

Yes, I've bought from them before. It's legit.

Really, if he's 14, he'll probably want to get used to grip sticks as his shot gets harder and he'll want more grip.