Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Siponarius

New Pads (CCM E4.9)

Just going to put it out there (since they’ve shipped), but CCM’s new 2019 middle entry hybrid pads, the EFlex 4.9 are regular priced $850 US on GoalieMonkey... for whatever reason, Sport Chek in Canada is selling them for $450 US. 

If anyone is looking for a steal on pads... just saying. 

On 11/8/2019 at 8:40 PM, Siponarius said:

Just going to put it out there (since they’ve shipped), but CCM’s new 2019 middle entry hybrid pads, the EFlex 4.9 are regular priced $850 US on GoalieMonkey... for whatever reason, Sport Chek in Canada is selling them for $450 US. 

If anyone is looking for a steal on pads... just saying. 

That would be an easy $400 discount, but you would need to have a Canadian friend receive the order to his Canadian address.

https://www.sportchek.ca/help-desk/shipping-page/shipping-methods-page.html

On 11/14/2019 at 8:15 AM, caveman27 said:

That would be an easy $400 discount, but you would need to have a Canadian friend receive the order to his Canadian address.

https://www.sportchek.ca/help-desk/shipping-page/shipping-methods-page.html

They ended up arriving, and I went to open ice to try them out.. I couldn’t move in them, and when I dropped to the ice, felt like I pulled my hip.  

Going from a 34 Vaughn v3 7500, these CCMs are 34+1. I’m not sure if these things are too tall for me, or if the extra thigh rise is throwing me off.   Or sure if I should return them or not. I did have the same mobility issue in the V3s before removing one of the knee blocks. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Siponarius said:

They ended up arriving, and I went to open ice to try them out.. I couldn’t move in them, and when I dropped to the ice, felt like I pulled my hip.  

Going from a 34 Vaughn v3 7500, these CCMs are 34+1. I’m not sure if these things are too tall for me, or if the extra thigh rise is throwing me off.   Or sure if I should return them or not. I did have the same mobility issue in the V3s before removing one of the knee blocks. 

Interesting. I looked at pictures of the CCM pads. It's mainly elastic bands securing the pads to the legs with a really open knee area.

40 minutes ago, caveman27 said:

Interesting. I looked at pictures of the CCM pads. It's mainly elastic bands securing the pads to the legs with a really open knee area.

Pretty much the standard in 2019

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Siponarius said:

34 V3 is probably about a 32 in modern CCM. V3 pads would break down and get smaller over time, and CCM plays a bit bigger than other brands in terms of sizing (especially old Vaughns).

1 minute ago, Hills said:

34 V3 is probably about a 32 in modern CCM. V3 pads would break down and get smaller over time, and CCM plays a bit bigger than other brands in terms of sizing (especially old Vaughns).

So then chances are I legitimately picked up pads that are larger than I’m used to?

3 hours ago, caveman27 said:

Yes. A couple stragglers in the league.

r4i80at5cj221.jpg

Yep, there's definitely a few left. Which, considering how many scoffed at the Smart Strap system Brians introduced not that long ago, is a bit surprising it just suddenly caught on so much. 

I was lucky enough to have never used pads with leather straps so I never had to worry about making the transition. 

On 11/18/2019 at 12:02 PM, Siponarius said:

So then chances are I legitimately picked up pads that are larger than I’m used to?

Yup! Did you check your floor to knee measurement before picking them?

On 11/18/2019 at 12:02 PM, Siponarius said:

What are your measurements? 

I couldn’t tell you at the moment. I ended up being sized at a Pro Hockey prior to picking them up. 

Like a dumb dumb, I ended up tightening the back skate strap too tight which didn’t help my pad rotate. I loosened it off tonight and no issues; my knee fell right into the landing gear. My only issue now is the knee pads I picked up are cheap garbage (Vapor x900) and need to get new ones, and I just have to get used to the extra +1” rise. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Siponarius said:

I couldn’t tell you at the moment. I ended up being sized at a Pro Hockey prior to picking them up. 

Like a dumb dumb, I ended up tightening the back skate strap too tight which didn’t help my pad rotate. I loosened it off tonight and no issues; my knee fell right into the landing gear. My only issue now is the knee pads I picked up are cheap garbage (Vapor x900) and need to get new ones, and I just have to get used to the extra +1” rise. 

14 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Passau knee pads 🙂 You’re welcome!

Nah, get the 1X knee guards. Cheaper and they come with a girdle to hold them up. Way less bulky too but equally protective and slightly less comfy.

On 11/21/2019 at 5:44 PM, Hills said:

Nah, get the 1X knee guards. Cheaper and they come with a girdle to hold them up. Way less bulky too but equally protective and slightly less comfy.

Do you need something to hold them up? The Passau ones stay up on their own... 

Ended up getting the Ritual x2 Pros. Pretty comfy. Those low end Vapors were like landing on plywood. My knee is still sore (from an old injury), but it’s manageable for how often I will play. Dropping weight will also help with how much I’m dropping down on my knees. 

Just need to figure out how to skate with the thigh rise overlap. Alls good from there.