Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
nutters

Ribcor 4 line.

Seeing the promotion for the upcoming trigger 4 pro it looks like only the top of the line stick is being advertised. Normally, the whole line gets teased, but in this case it is only the one stick. Are they only releasing one stick, or will the rest will be announced later?

1 hour ago, nutters said:

Seeing the promotion for the upcoming trigger 4 pro it looks like only the top of the line stick is being advertised. Normally, the whole line gets teased, but in this case it is only the one stick. Are they only releasing one stick, or will the rest will be announced later?

Only the top of the line stick is changing this year. 

1 hour ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

Wonder if that's a sign the Ribcore as a stick line is on it's last legs (it's been around awhile now, since 2013 I believe when Reebok started it) and they'll replace Ribcore with another low-kick line similar to how the Jetspeed replaced RBK as the variable/hybrid kickpoint model. 

1 hour ago, BruinDust said:

Wonder if that's a sign the Ribcore as a stick line is on it's last legs (it's been around awhile now, since 2013 I believe when Reebok started it) and they'll replace Ribcore with another low-kick line similar to how the Jetspeed replaced RBK as the variable/hybrid kickpoint model. 

No, CCM as a whole changes the full stick line every other year and the top of the line stick every year. 

45 minutes ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

No, CCM as a whole changes the full stick line every other year and the top of the line stick every year. 

Wrong, they change the whole line every year.

2018 - 3D - Pro3 - 65k - 63k

2017 - Trigger 2 - Pro PMT - 64k - 62k

2016 - ASY - 49k - 47k - 45k

2015 - Reckoner - 48k - 46k - 44k

2014 - 40k - 30k - 28k - 26k

Do some research next time. Took me 30 seconds to find that. Google is your friend. 

20 minutes ago, BruinDust said:

Wrong, they change the whole line every year.

2018 - 3D - Pro3 - 65k - 63k

2017 - Trigger 2 - Pro PMT - 64k - 62k

2016 - ASY - 49k - 47k - 45k

2015 - Reckoner - 48k - 46k - 44k

2014 - 40k - 30k - 28k - 26k

Do some research next time. Took me 30 seconds to find that. Google is your friend. 

Relax! He probably meant that they don't continue to change the whole line every year. Only replace the top of the line stick and change the rest every two years. At least thats waht i heard.

8 minutes ago, Tom90 said:

Relax! He probably meant that they don't continue to change the whole line every year. Only replace the top of the line stick and change the rest every two years. At least thats waht i heard.

This appears to be the first time they're doing it.

3 hours ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

Weird move as it seems the top priced point sticks are not the most purchased. I know a few stores in Canada who don't even carry the top sticks.

5 hours ago, nutters said:

This appears to be the first time they're doing it.

5 hours ago, Tom90 said:

Correct. They are moving to a 2 year cycle so sticks don't depreciate as fast and it also allows them to cut down on production costs. 

3 hours ago, ParabolicActivity said:

I held one the other day and the kick seems way higher than before.

You shot pucks or just held it bc idk how you can tell the kick is higher just by holding it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

Correct. They are moving to a 2 year cycle so sticks don't depreciate as fast and it also allows them to cut down on production costs. 

You should of been more clear that is the direction they are moving to. Based on your wording in your OP it sounded like that 2-year cycles are the way it's always been. 

1 hour ago, sbecks72986 said:

You shot pucks or just held it bc idk how you can tell the kick is higher just by holding it.

I bought a couple of these, pro stock ones form the ASU D1 team. The kick point seemed the same to me. I did like how light and balanced the stick felt. They definitely took a lot of weight out of the blade.