Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Langkow22

p28 vs p92

hey guys,

just wondering on the differences on these curves as bauer lists them both as mid-toe open

which would you guys say is the most open of the two? 

love the openness of the p08/ovi curves looking for something similar with those real load up wrist shots and one time capabilities

To me, the blades are similar in terms of openness. The difference lies in where the pocket is. With the p92, the pocket is in the middle. With the p28 the pocket is more towards the toe, about 1/3 of the way down from the toe compared to 1/2 with the p92.

The p28 is for the toe shooter, and tends to be more unforgiving. If you don't shoot the puck off the toe, the puck tends to not get off the ice because there's more flat area towards the middle to heel. But if you have the puck too much towards the toe, you can scoop/hook it into the rafters. 

If you get it in the sweet spot, the p28 gives the puck a little more zip.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, puckpilot said:

To me, the blades are similar in terms of openness. The difference lies in where the pocket is. With the p92, the pocket is in the middle. With the p28 the pocket is more towards the toe, about 1/3 of the way down from the toe compared to 1/2 with the p92.

The p28 is for the toe shooter, and tends to be more unforgiving. If you don't shoot the puck off the toe, the puck tends to not get off the ice because there's more flat area towards the middle to heel. But if you have the puck too much towards the toe, you can scoop/hook it into the rafters. 

If you get it in the sweet spot, the p28 gives the puck a little more zip.

This is spot on.  They feel similar, but the p28 was too unforgiving.  Every shot either never left the ice - or took out the lights.  When it was perfect though... wow did it rip.  In the end, I'm more comfortable with the p92 and went back to it.  I think the p92 loads great without the sensitivity of the p28.

Edited by JimmyTheDriver
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Langkow22 said:

hey guys,

just wondering on the differences on these curves as bauer lists them both as mid-toe open

which would you guys say is the most open of the two? 

love the openness of the p08/ovi curves looking for something similar with those real load up wrist shots and one time capabilities

Check out Ilya Kovalchuk sticks on prostockhockey.com

• Thanks 1

Howdy,

29 minutes ago, Langkow22 said:

How different are the lies? 

I'm comparing clones, not direct Bauer stuff, but I just switched from p28 to p92...

The p28 (TC4 in my case) lie is the same as the p92 (Sherwood PP96 and TC2) from the heel until just a bit past the mid blade.  Then on the p28 the rocker continues upward (putting the toe higher) as compared to the p92.

Its early days yet, but so far I'm finding the p92 to be more forgiving of not having the puck in the exact right position on the blade.

Mark

• Thanks 1