Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
start_today

Holder Pitch Comparison

Are there any resources that compare pitch between current popular holders? Edge, Speedblade XS, Shift, any others I’m missing? 

My previous two skates were Mako M8s with CXN, and Vapors x800 with edge holders. Currently in a pair of Supreme 190s with edge holders. I liked the more “forward lean” of Vapors and Makos. Trying to figure out how to replicate that in my current skates, preferably with shins as opposed to profiling. Blade profile and hollow was the same across all three.

And, to add another wrinkle, I’ve noiced my left holder clicking, and I think I’d like a new holder, maybe the Shift, since I can get it with Step steel.  

A) if I leave the Edge on, what size shim do I need to be closer to the pitch of Vapors and Makos? (Which, of course are different pitches on their own and not the same, I just want to get more in that neighborhood.) 

B) Does the True Shift holder have a more aggressive pitch than the Edge? If so, how much?

Thanks! 

Edited by start_today

Yeah just profile your runners. Way easier than changing out holders, etc. Also, the way the boot is made can matter, too. My True's with XS holders feel much more forward pitched than my FT2 did with the same holders and same runner radius. 

Appreciate the input, but I’d rather have shims because it’s more consistent, and doesn’t run the risk of change with sharpening. I kind of buried that in the middle, but would prefer shims. 

On 12/1/2019 at 6:55 PM, start_today said:

Appreciate the input, but I’d rather have shims because it’s more consistent, and doesn’t run the risk of change with sharpening. I kind of buried that in the middle, but would prefer shims. 

Shims are a far better option than profiling you are correct.  3mm is what you need.  And yes the Shift is about that much. 

• Thanks 1