Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Oilers97

Ccm pro stock 4 roll gloves HG97/98 etc

Hi. I was looking  at a pair of HG98 gloves. I’m using warrior franchise right now and I was wonder what the fit is like as well as protection. I have broken some fingers (not in my franchise gloves or hockey) and really want some better protection  I feel the side of the franchise lack any padding  

What is the difference between Hg96/97/98? I can’t find any guide online for pro stock glove codes for CCM. Thanks. 

Can't speak to the differences among them, but I have 97x pro stock and love everything about them. Traditional fit ( but not too bulky), tank-like protection, light and mobile.  These and the Bauer Nexus 2n are my absolute favorites.  The Bauer fit is a bit more snug and the thumb flexes.  Both offer exceptional protection in a classic style.  Reebok has a 4-roll that you might also like.  Similar to the 97 with a little less refinement and a little more room.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Oilers97 said:

Hi. I was looking  at a pair of HG98 gloves. I’m using warrior franchise right now and I was wonder what the fit is like as well as protection. I have broken some fingers (not in my franchise gloves or hockey) and really want some better protection  I feel the side of the franchise lack any padding  

What is the difference between Hg96/97/98? I can’t find any guide online for pro stock glove codes for CCM. Thanks. 

I have a pair of HG41, not a 4-roll model, but they are pro stock from (shameless plug) www.prostockhockey.com

These have good padding all around. Kind of stiff, not sure if that's all models or this one. The foam is dense and every segmented piece has a piece of polycarbonate. Every piece as in even the side pieces along the side of the hand including the pinky. But, if you want mega padding, look for the ones with the shot-blockers on the backs, like HG97SP

• Like 1

4 hours ago, caveman27 said:

I have a pair of HG41, not a 4-roll model, but they are pro stock from (shameless plug) www.prostockhockey.com

These have good padding all around. Kind of stiff, not sure if that's all models or this one. The foam is dense and every segmented piece has a piece of polycarbonate. Every piece as in even the side pieces along the side of the hand including the pinky. But, if you want mega padding, look for the ones with the shot-blockers on the backs, like HG97SP

I’ve been looking for ones with the Xp, PP or SP. 

so would the ones without like just HG** not have much protection as compared to say retail. I hate my ultra Tacks. They have f all for protection. Hurt my hands a few times now only use them on the ODR and wear my franchise in games. I just want an even beefier glove. 

12 hours ago, Oilers97 said:

I’ve been looking for ones with the Xp, PP or SP. 

so would the ones without like just HG** not have much protection as compared to say retail. I hate my ultra Tacks. They have f all for protection. Hurt my hands a few times now only use them on the ODR and wear my franchise in games. I just want an even beefier glove. 

I would suggest looking at all the ones you are interested in. Sometimes, the second picture with a view of the back shows them with shot blockers on them, but the code isn't different.

42 minutes ago, caveman27 said:

I would suggest looking at all the ones you are interested in. Sometimes, the second picture with a view of the back shows them with shot blockers on them, but the code isn't different.

Ok cool. These ones don’t but should they be more protective than my franchise and ultra Tacks? 

7 minutes ago, Oilers97 said:

Ok cool. These ones don’t but should they be more protective than my franchise and ultra Tacks? 

Well, they will be for direct shots to the back of the hand. NHLers wear them for that reason. Did you injure your hand from a slap shot, fall, or slash?

8 hours ago, caveman27 said:

Well, they will be for direct shots to the back of the hand. NHLers wear them for that reason. Did you injure your hand from a slap shot, fall, or slash?

It’s not hockey related... I slammed my pinky and ring in a car door super hard and smashed them up. I played with my franchise on the weekend but was nervous as the sides have no padding. They seem good on the back hand and thumb. 

My ultras suck period. I’ve taken shots off ten and have been bruised and almost broke the same finger I hurt now and had a painful one off the index finger. 

I’m looking for mainly heavy duty finger protection and definitely down the side. Someone else was telling me the 98 doesn’t have a plastic insert. Is that right?

I might be wrong but my understanding is that hg96,97,98 all fit pretty much the same (wider fitting 4 roll style). If you see XP, that would mean "extra padding" but I'm not sure if that just means thicker foams overall, or if they put more of the plastic inserts in, especially along the sides of the pinky/thumb. You also have the addition of shot blockers, which is very apparently from photos. Check out Sidelineswap, there's a tonnnnn of CCM prostock gloves for sale.

Hg95 has Reebok branding but is the same glove as Hg96 with ccm branding. Imo they fit wider than hg97/98

Hg98 has the black kevlarish overlay for durability. It's used in the CHL and ECHL

As previously posted XP added to any of the above means extra padding which can be upgraded foams and/or shotblockers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Oilers97 said:

It’s not hockey related... I slammed my pinky and ring in a car door super hard and smashed them up. I played with my franchise on the weekend but was nervous as the sides have no padding. They seem good on the back hand and thumb. 

My ultras suck period. I’ve taken shots off ten and have been bruised and almost broke the same finger I hurt now and had a painful one off the index finger. 

I’m looking for mainly heavy duty finger protection and definitely down the side. Someone else was telling me the 98 doesn’t have a plastic insert. Is that right?

Oh.

Well, My HG41 having pretty good padding plus plastic inserts down the side of the hand on the pinky side. Not sure if that gives you a warm fuzzy feeling. The Bauer 1N 4-roll gloves look like they have beefy padding along the pinky side. Not sure if beefy padding would help if your pinky and ring fingers are still healing.

9 hours ago, nisselrm said:

Hg95 has Reebok branding but is the same glove as Hg96 with ccm branding. Imo they fit wider than hg97/98

Hg98 has the black kevlarish overlay for durability. It's used in the CHL and ECHL

As previously posted XP added to any of the above means extra padding which can be upgraded foams and/or shotblockers.

Awesome. I ended up buying the HG98 on sls. It’s harder to find 13” gloves as I have small hands (I’m a girl lol). It should be a fine pair of gloves if it’s designed for pros. Would have liked XP but these should be great. Yeah the 96 would probably be too wide for me as I use 13N franchise and prefer the 4 roll style  

Thanks so much everyone.