Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
VegasHockey

Warrior QRE10 now using the Sabre Taper?

Skated with some AHL guys today and one of them had a Warrior QRE10 stick. I have seen them in the product catalogs but previously had not seen them in person. I was surprised they ditched the Edge Taper and are only using the Sabre Taper now for both the QRE and Alpha lines of sticks. I personally think the Sabre Taper is much better than the Edge taper, but with the two lines of sicks now being so similar I wonder what's the point in even having a QRE and an Alpha line....? 

You sure it was a true QRE10? Did it have big checkered carbon pattern similar to the Fantom? I’ve see a few pictures of them and they all had the big checkered pattern with an Edge taper

14 hours ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

Skated with some AHL guys today and one of them had a Warrior QRE10 stick. I have seen them in the product catalogs but previously had not seen them in person. I was surprised they ditched the Edge Taper and are only using the Sabre Taper now for both the QRE and Alpha lines of sticks. I personally think the Sabre Taper is much better than the Edge taper, but with the two lines of sicks now being so similar I wonder what's the point in even having a QRE and an Alpha line....? 

That wasn't the retail stick; I saw the entire line when I was at Warrior HQ a couple of months ago.

Maybe look at the catalogue again?

3 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

That wasn't the retail stick; I saw the entire line when I was at Warrior HQ a couple of months ago.

Maybe look at the catalogue again?

dfUEy19.jpg

33 minutes ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

dfUEy19.jpg

We sure about the validity of this? Those are all the same features of the DX, also kind of weird they wouldn’t show the actual stick in the catalogue for the stick 

39 minutes ago, Stewie said:

We sure about the validity of this? Those are all the same features of the DX, also kind of weird they wouldn’t show the actual stick in the catalogue for the stick 

Seems legit to me:

pvHvSqi.jpg

Since you seem insistent on leaking our POP catalog for 2020, you should probably take note that on the bottom of every, single page it says **ARTWORK NOT FINAL. These are placeholder, mockup images my friend. 

The stick you saw from the AHL player is a graphic sample. Those have been circulating amongst the pro ranks for a few weeks. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, dtodd380 said:

Since you seem insistent on leaking our POP catalog for 2020, you should probably take note that on the bottom of every, single page it says **ARTWORK NOT FINAL. These are placeholder, mockup images my friend. 

The stick you saw from the AHL player is a graphic sample. Those have been circulating amongst the pro ranks for a few weeks. 

Appreciate the clarification. Thank you. 

• Like 1

Posting promo materials for an unreleased stick? I mean it’s one thing for a user to spot something and post it and have everyone speculate, but a shop owner posting it? Yikes.

Howdy,

6 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Posting promo materials for an unreleased stick? I mean it’s one thing for a user to spot something and post it and have everyone speculate, but a shop owner posting it? Yikes.

If this stuff is such a big secret, maybe they shouldn't blast it out across the hockey world.

Mark

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

29 minutes ago, marka said:

Howdy,

If this stuff is such a big secret, maybe they shouldn't blast it out across the hockey world.

Mark

You’re missing the point.

1 hour ago, marka said:

Howdy,

Mark

There’s a difference between creating hype, and just giving away all the info right away. This is the whole reason spoilers exist. 

5 hours ago, marka said:

Howdy,

Mark

They don’t, and it’s made clear to retailers that material like this is for their eyes only. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

The promo material can be found online pretty easily, just look around on Google. I didn't post anything that was specifically shared with me directly in confidence, I wouldn't do such. In fact, this whole thread was started because I skated with some AHL players who had sticks that were wrapped showing sabre taper instead of the the qr edge taper. As Warrior mentioned, see below. 

On 12/3/2019 at 10:28 AM, dtodd380 said:

• Like 1

Howdy,

18 hours ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

They don’t, and it’s made clear to retailers that material like this is for their eyes only. 

In this day and age, the idea that you can blast info out to every retailer and not then have it become basically immediately available is crazy.

I mean, I guess its cute and quaint and all that some folks think it still works that way, but that's just nuts.

Why do they send out upcoming product info to the retailers before they're allowed to tell anyone anyway?  Presumably at that point in the process there's nothing a manufacturer is going to get back from the retailers that will modify what they release, right?  Is it just so that they can decide what they want to order in terms of stock?  Or is that just a hold over from earlier times as well?

Mark

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, marka said:

Howdy,

In this day and age, the idea that you can blast info out to every retailer and not then have it become basically immediately available is crazy.

I mean, I guess its cute and quaint and all that some folks think it still works that way, but that's just nuts.

Why do they send out upcoming product info to the retailers before they're allowed to tell anyone anyway?  Presumably at that point in the process there's nothing a manufacturer is going to get back from the retailers that will modify what they release, right?  Is it just so that they can decide what they want to order in terms of stock?  Or is that just a hold over from earlier times as well?

Mark

I don’t get what part of “don’t post shit that’s confidential online” that you’re not understanding. Like I said, I can see it if it’s some kid at a shop who wants to feel important by being “first” with information, but a shop owner doing it is frankly embarrassing.

Also, this.

Seriously, I don't understand how "just because it is so easy to do today" is justification for an adult/professional to violate professional norms.  WWPGD is not a good mantra...

Howdy,

3 minutes ago, BenBreeg said:

Seriously, I don't understand how "just because it is so easy to do today" is justification for an adult/professional to violate professional norms.  WWPGD is not a good mantra...

Let me try this a different way.

I try and keep my checking account # confidential.  I do this by not giving it out to people that don't need to know about my checking account #.

In this day and age if a company is both sending out promo materials to every hockey shop in two countries well in advance of a product release _AND_ simultaneously expecting that to remain secret... They're freaking idiots.  I assume they actually _aren't_ freaking idiots, they expect the information to become known, and they're incorporating that into their marketing strategy.

Clutching pearls when everyone behaves EXACTLY as you would expect them to is ridiculous.

Mark

Edited by marka

The point is that this isn’t on the manufacturers, this is on a person being unprofessional by sharing information for the sake of appearing “in the know”.

Will the information leak? Yes. Will the manufacturers be surprised that it does? No. Should those two answers justify doing it? Absolutely not. “It was going to leak anyway so I might as well” is not a good attitude to have, and it projects pretty poorly on a business.

But, regardless of your argument, or my argument, the simple answer is: “don’t do that shit here”. There’s no need to debate this further.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, marka said:

Howdy,

Let me try this a different way.

I try and keep my checking account # confidential.  I do this by not giving it out to people that don't need to know about my checking account #.

In this day and age if a company is both sending out promo materials to every hockey shop in two countries well in advance of a product release _AND_ simultaneously expecting that to remain secret... They're freaking idiots.  I assume they actually _aren't_ freaking idiots, they expect the information to become known, and they're incorporating that into their marketing strategy.

Clutching pearls when everyone behaves EXACTLY as you would expect them to is ridiculous.

Mark

I’m not in the industry, but I’m assuming retailers would like to know what kind of floor space they are going to need for displays/how they will display the product ahead if time. It even says that the artwork etc is not final, so even if you had that inclination, at this point you’re just potentially spreading misinformation, like what happened here. 

if you value your relationship with a supplier, you should also value their confidentiality, plain and simple. Just because there are some shady dealers out there doesn’t have to mean you hamstring valuable information to the whole. 

• Like 1

Several reasons;

Very few shops are going to stock a product, or stick sight unseen, there needs to be something tangible for shops to base their buying off of. Also, like Stewie said, in order to dedicate floor space to POP material. 

Secondly, if you’re spending your entire sales day talking about the “QRE10, that hasn’t been released yet,” buyers aren’t inclined to buy current stock, they’ll wait for the newest latest greatest, or wait longer for the current to go on sale. You’re undercutting your own bottom line, which is inordinately foolish. 

Lastly, every product/POP preview I’ve been a part of (since 2002) it has been explicitly stated “this info is still confidential-in the works,” and if it wasn’t stated, it was implied. And if it wasn’t implied, we were smart enough to know it wasn’t info for gen pop. The two big names would Even provide dates telling retailers when info could begin to be teased. 

Edited by Buzz_LightBeer
  • Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 2:07 PM, SkateWorksPNW said:

I just want to bring this back full circle as this has gotten wayyyyyy off topic. All I was trying to understand was if the Edge Taper was being retired/replaced on all Warrior sticks because I had seen some professional players with early released sticks that were without it. That was all I was trying to understand. I got my answer. As far as I am concerned this thread can be locked and closed. 

Edited by SkateWorksPNW
  • Like 1