Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Jbear

Vapor 2x Pro Baking Instructions

I'm getting a pair new (from an individual...not a store) but no box, so...I'd be most grateful if someone would be willing to walk me through the specifics of baking this particular skate.  I need times...temps...anything not intutive.  I know about not pulling laces upward, not flexing while cooling, and 24 hour wait for adhesives to reset. Just need the technical info. Bauer chat just said take them to a retail store.  If I can, I will but that may not be an option.

Thanks all!

35 minutes ago, Jbear said:

I'm getting a pair new (from an individual...not a store) but no box, so...I'd be most grateful if someone would be willing to walk me through the specifics of baking this particular skate.  I need times...temps...anything not intutive.  I know about not pulling laces upward, not flexing while cooling, and 24 hour wait for adhesives to reset. Just need the technical info. Bauer chat just said take them to a retail store.  If I can, I will but that may not be an option.

Thanks all!

Convection oven, 175-200F, 3 min. Do them one at a time. 

However, as Bauer said, you are much better off taking them to a local skate shop. Many shops wont even charge you to use the skate oven, if they don't charge you be nice and buy something while you're there, maybe a couple rolls of tape and a sharpen. 

So wow...my local shop wants $50 to bake!  Yes...they are $1,000 skates, but...we have a gas convection oven and I'm not gonna space out watching YouTube videos while baking skates.  I'm going to have to give serious consideration to doing this myself! If I need them punched...that's a different story.  First step will be...put them on and make sure they are for me. 

2 hours ago, Jbear said:

So wow...my local shop wants $50 to bake!  Yes...they are $1,000 skates, but...we have a gas convection oven and I'm not gonna space out watching YouTube videos while baking skates.  I'm going to have to give serious consideration to doing this myself! If I need them punched...that's a different story.  First step will be...put them on and make sure they are for me. 

$50 is absolutely ridiculous...... I would understand if it was between 10 and 25, and I think 20 is more standard if anything. But 50 is just ludicrous

You just bake them at home of course! I´ve baked pretty much all of my skates at 180-190 degrees for about 6-7 minutes. Works every time.

Some occasions I have put the skates in a sauna at around 170 degrees and left them in there for 10-15 minutes. Skates got soft and pliable that way to.

I feel many players think that the skate-oven is working wonders, when it´s not. Just warming up the skates.

No need to pay 50$ for that when you can do it yourself THAT EASY.

• Like 2

According to the instructions with my 2s (not 2x) Pro skates, they can be heated/baked up to three times. We can assume yours have been done at least once. I did mine three times! 

I baked my CCM JetSpeed's myself. I laid them down on a baking pan. It wasn't hot enough to melt through the outer layer of the skates.

I only did it once. Not sure how much of a difference it made. It took awhile to break them in, but I didn't want to rebake them. 

So...they arrived yesterday. First...they did have the box and all of the "stuff," so I was able to read the instructions. They are much more comfortable out of the box than my AS1'S. I do love skating in the CCMs but I need to use a padded collar on one foot and a maleolar pad on the other. That is a story...last college game of my career...6-1...losing with 30 seconds to go...reflexively blocked a shot by kicking my foot to the side...moron!  Anyway...Vapors are comfortable in those spots already! I will skate them and evaluate...go from there.  I may very well end up keeping both!  One more observation...the Orthomove insole is awesome for me...not sure about this Vapor flex insole...seems flimsy.  Probably put Superfeet Carbon Pro in them...have wanted to try them. 

Thanks for all of the help folk!

Edited by Jbear