Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Beflar

Best Practice hockey jerseys/socks for breathability?

Xmas is coming and I haven't bought a new practice jersey or socks in ten years.  Was wondering if anything new has come out in that time that I should look at. 

Breathability and staying dry are the most important features I'm looking for.

My Tron socks were like $15 and are going on like... 6 years now. I just started using team socks this year so I don't really use them unless I go play pick up or something. 

18 minutes ago, z1ggy said:

My Tron socks were like $15 and are going on like... 6 years now. I just started using team socks this year so I don't really use them unless I go play pick up or something. 

Im shocked. Every person on my team with Tron socks has holes all over them.

Just now, IPv6Freely said:

Weird. I have 2 pairs actually and I wore one of them exclusively for my last 2 teams (about 6 years) and there might be a few little holes on the front  but the stitching has held up great, I have no complaints. Are you guys getting hacked a lot or something or are they washing them a ton? My old knits socks from 10+ years ago ended up with a ton of holes after just a few years. 

3 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Yeah, all of my TRON socks fell apart really quickly. I do skate a lot though, at least 5-7 times a week.

On 12/7/2019 at 11:49 AM, Beflar said:

Xmas is coming and I haven't bought a new practice jersey or socks in ten years.  Was wondering if anything new has come out in that time that I should look at. 

Breathability and staying dry are the most important features I'm looking for.

Single color CCMs are nice and cheap. The fabric is not cutting edge technology, but it holds together.

Mesh socks.  I own Reebok, CCM, Bauer, Gladiator, and Tron.  Tron are cheap, but they tear easily.  Bauer and CCM are good, but also tear.  Reebok I found were very durable, but not sure they're very easy to find anymore.  Gladiator, the most durable and protective, but you sacrifice breathability, as they are thick and wear warm. (but great for playing outdoors).  Additionally, all these brands shrink some when washing, except the Gladiators.

Edited by shoot_the_goalie
  • Like 1