Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Oilers97

Shoulder pad help

Hello guys. 

Im having issues with my shoulder pads. I have CCM Quicklite L shoulder pads. I’m female so it’s a little tricky to get fit right. I flat out hate them. Lacking protection, they bunch up and my stomach is exposed badly. Also, they ride up. I’m 5’4 with a fairly large bust and large, broad ahouldeds  

I have tried and will never try women’s shoulder pads again. I’m looking for top end, high quality pads as I have had shoulder issues and play with very strong guys. 

I’m looking for the longest pads plus ones that stay in place and stop making me look humoungus.

Im looking at pro stock. I don’t know much of the differences. But I’m looking at:

rbk 4K

jofa 8400

JOFA 9400

jofa 8600

rbk 6k

all of these are in M/L, L of XL  I have no idea on the differences in the lines of these too  I can see differences but dunno what’s a good and bad pad  

im also definitely open to retail pads I’ve just heard these are the best of the best for durability and protection from retail I’m looking st Bauer Supreme mainly and maybe nexus  they seem lower down to meet my pants  

Thanks for your help!

Edited by Oilers97

I agree the Jetspeed/QL line is pretty minimal... I have FT390's and they are much less bulky than other pads I've had. But... I play in a league where there's minimal checking and I play forward so I'm not eating too many clap bombs in the chest.

With that said, I can't say I know too much about prostock shoulders, but I can say my last pair of Mako shoulder pads were absolute tanks. Longer in the stomach region, bulkier and heavier/more protective than my CCM's. It also has a frontal closure method which allows you to fine tune how tight it gets around your chest, which sounds like that could be beneficial to you.

I'm sure you could find a pair out there on eBay or SLS. Worst case.... I could always sell you mine which are a size L. GL.

Well, I have no recommendations for shoulder pads, but I have a recommendation against getting Easton. They fit well on the shoulders and provide protection over the deltoids, upper chest and upper arms, but I do have some exposure in the belly area. There's a gap between the belly flap and the top of my pants. This is for my last two shoulder pads which are Easton S13 and Easton Stealth CX. I haven't been hit there, but I can see the gap before I put my jersey on.

7 hours ago, Oilers97 said:

Hello guys. 

Im having issues with my shoulder pads. I have CCM Quicklite L shoulder pads. I’m female so it’s a little tricky to get fit right. I flat out hate them. Lacking protection, they bunch up and my stomach is exposed badly. Also, they ride up. I’m 5’4 with a fairly large bust and large, broad ahouldeds  

I have tried and will never try women’s shoulder pads again. I’m looking for top end, high quality pads as I have had shoulder issues and play with very strong guys. 

I’m looking for the longest pads plus ones that stay in place and stop making me look humoungus.

Im looking at pro stock. I don’t know much of the differences. But I’m looking at:

rbk 4K

jofa 8400

JOFA 9400

jofa 8600

rbk 6k

all of these are in M/L, L of XL  I have no idea on the differences in the lines of these too  I can see differences but dunno what’s a good and bad pad  

im also definitely open to retail pads I’ve just heard these are the best of the best for durability and protection from retail I’m looking st Bauer Supreme mainly and maybe nexus  they seem lower down to meet my pants  

Thanks for your help!

I would look at the True XC9 Shoulder Pads. They are very adjustable in all areas and many of the female players that come into our shop really like them. 

• Like 2

I know you said you hate the women's pads, but have you seen the Bauer S180w? I thought those were a huge improvement over the previous ones. CCM also has a new version coming out next year that are WAY better than their older ones as well.

3 hours ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

I would look at the True XC9 Shoulder Pads. They are very adjustable in all areas and many of the female players that come into our shop really like them. 

Okay I’ll definitly check them out. I never thought about true. 

On 12/28/2019 at 6:18 PM, pgeorgan said:

I like the Warrior lineup, personally. 

Sounds like you need to just park it at retailer and bring your gear, trying everything on to see what works. 

Funny story: I actually got super lucky. In minor I wore 11k pads and I think 7k..?? before that. Of course they don’t make them now. Went to my LHS and they had a pair of 11k on clearance. 2011 release and they had them in my size. These fit perfect to my pants and cover what I want and protect.

Thanks everyone for their help!  I got very lucky.