Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
ParabolicActivity

Nexus Sticks Discontinued?

I'm almost certain Nexus skates are done after this year. 

My guess is the Nexus protective is done too with the exception of the gloves which are still a popular traditional 4-roll fit. Really you don't need 3 lines of protective. 

I'd be shocked if they get rid of the Nexus as a stick line. I see a lot more guys using Vapor and Nexus sticks than I do Supreme. I can't see Bauer not having a mid-kick stick. 

• Like 1

Bauer still has the 2N Pro and rest of the Nexus stick line as well as gloves in the 2020 catalog.  Skates and protective are gone.  I am not sure when and if the Nexus stick line is getting an update but I don't see them scrapping the sticks as I believe it is one of their best sellers.

15 hours ago, Left Wing King said:

That is bollocks if the skates are going, they're a great fit for me I have N9000s and I love them.

They will still have the Nexus fit available in a supreme boot

17 hours ago, kyleo29 said:

They will still have the Nexus fit available in a supreme boot

19 minutes ago, Left Wing King said:

How will that work?

I heard all they are doing is letting the EE sizes of Supreme service the customers who previously would of gone for a Nexus. They aren't producing a Supreme skate with the deep heel pocket and wide toe-box of the Nexus line. 

19 hours ago, BruinDust said:

I heard all they are doing is letting the EE sizes of Supreme service the customers who previously would of gone for a Nexus. They aren't producing a Supreme skate with the deep heel pocket and wide toe-box of the Nexus line. 

I've heard there are some other aspects to it. Bauer hasn't announced it officially yet so we'll just have to wait and see.

On 1/3/2020 at 11:31 PM, ParabolicActivity said:

So they are doing away with the entire line but coming out with a new edition of the stick? Will they just go down to two protective lines?

I mean, this matches CCM right? 3 stick lines (Tacks, Jetspeed, Ribcor) and 2 protective lines (Tacks, Jetspeed). For skates...I'm not sure if sales justify it or not but I could see Ribcor skates going bye bye just like Nexus is.

I think if anything we will see the Supreme and Nexus lines merge eventually and the Tacks and JetSpeed follow the same. Having three lines of sticks is silly IMO and costs retailers a ton of money. We won't even carry Tacks or Supreme sticks because they are hard to sell. If a customer wants them, we will order them, but I only order a few during our annual bookings. It would also be great to see every manufacturer eventually trim their lines down to 3 options such as elite, performance and value. As it stands there is too many options to order in various flexes, curve patterns, and styles for most normal sized stores. 

Edited by SkateWorksPNW

7 hours ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

I think if anything we will see the Supreme and Nexus lines merge eventually and the Tacks and JetSpeed follow the same. Having three lines of sticks is silly IMO and costs retailers a ton of money. We won't even carry Tacks or Supreme sticks because they are hard to sell. If a customer wants them, we will order them, but I only order a few during our annual bookings. It would also be great to see every manufacturer eventually trim their lines down to 3 options such as elite, performance and value. As it stands there is too many options to order in various flexes, curve patterns, and styles for most normal sized stores. 

.....at your location in your market. I've actually been very surprised how many kids I see with the AS2 series sticks and my LHS guys were saying high kick is selling better than low kick lately. But that's just them in their location in their market too.

• Like 1