Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
psulion22

2S Pro fit

I've worn 8EE Supreme skates as long as I can remember.  But I tried on a pair of 8D 2S Pros last night and they felt way too small.  Now I know the width will cause some of the issue, but my toes were crushed up against the toe cap.  I could barely get it on.  The ankle/heel padding was so thick it seemed to be causing the issue.  I didn't really pound the skate down to try and get a better heel lock because I couldn't see any way that it was going to create enough room. The whole point of the skates is to eliminate negative space, so I can see that padding conforming to my foot druing the heat molding process.  My question is how much will it do that?  Is it enough to create at least 1/4-1/2 size, or will I have to go up to a 8 1/2??  I just haven't seen many reports of people needing to switch sizes, and I think it would be strange for Bauer to all of a sudden change the fit that has been the same sizing forever, especially without a note in the description saying such.  But these things were definitely not close to fitting off the shelf.  Any help would be appreciated as if I do need to go to 8 1/2, there is a pair on eBay right now.  Thanks!

6 minutes ago, psulion22 said:

I've worn 8EE Supreme skates as long as I can remember.  But I tried on a pair of 8D 2S Pros last night and they felt way too small.  Now I know the width will cause some of the issue, but my toes were crushed up against the toe cap.  I could barely get it on.  The ankle/heel padding was so thick it seemed to be causing the issue.  I didn't really pound the skate down to try and get a better heel lock because I couldn't see any way that it was going to create enough room. The whole point of the skates is to eliminate negative space, so I can see that padding conforming to my foot druing the heat molding process.  My question is how much will it do that?  Is it enough to create at least 1/4-1/2 size, or will I have to go up to a 8 1/2??  I just haven't seen many reports of people needing to switch sizes, and I think it would be strange for Bauer to all of a sudden change the fit that has been the same sizing forever, especially without a note in the description saying such.  But these things were definitely not close to fitting off the shelf.  Any help would be appreciated as if I do need to go to 8 1/2, there is a pair on eBay right now.  Thanks!

Starting with the 1S I find the Supreme fit about 1/2 size smaller now. For example, previously I wore a 7E and now wear a 7.5D in them

Edited by SkateWorksPNW

This is exactly what I found.  I haven't tried a 1S, but I can not see anyway there would have been enough room in that same size.  It's interesting that you went to a 7.5 D too.  I noticed that the width wasn't nearly as much of a problem as the length was.  I could not have worn a D width before, but I think a 8.5D might fit well enough now.  The problem was always in the junction of the toe box and the quarter.  The connection is thicker there and it wouldn't fit.  I didn't really feel that with the 2S Pros.  Did you find the EEs to be wider in the 1S/2S to the point they were too wide for you, especially compared to a EE MX3 or NXG?

6 minutes ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

Yeah. With the 2S Pro EE it felt sloppy all over and I had terrible heel lock. 

Hmm.  Maybe 8.5D it is!  This also kind of makes sense with the new fit system coming.  You and I both wore a EE Supreme before this 1S/2S sizing.  If the fit was the same, and the new Fit 1/2/3 system was based on a D width, we would both need a Fit 3.  But a Nexus D is too sloppy, just as you experienced with the EE 2S - too much volume and less heel lock.  I'd imagine the Fit3 would be similar. So what we'll need is a Fit2 - based off this new sizing.  Thanks for your help as always!

Edited by psulion22

1 hour ago, psulion22 said:

Hmm.  Maybe 8.5D it is!  This also kind of makes sense with the new fit system coming.  You and I both wore a EE Supreme before this 1S/2S sizing.  If the fit was the same, and the new Fit 1/2/3 system was based on a D width, we would both need a Fit 3.  But a Nexus D is too sloppy, just as you experienced with the EE 2S - too much volume and less heel lock.  I'd imagine the Fit3 would be similar. So what we'll need is a Fit2 - based off this new sizing.  Thanks for your help as always!

Based on the new sizing and the test samples I was able to try on FIT2 was perfect for me. It was like an E/A pro stock fit which is exactly what I need. The FIT1 felt more like a D/AA, the heel was ok but my poor toes were smashed. 

14 minutes ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

Based on the new sizing and the test samples I was able to try on FIT2 was perfect for me. It was like an E/A pro stock fit which is exactly what I need. The FIT1 felt more like a D/AA, the heel was ok but my poor toes were smashed. 

Do you think the Ultra Sonic is a significant enough upgrade with the one piece boot that it warrants switching as soon as it becomes available?  In other words, should I just buy a cheaper pair of say used 1S skates and then get the US's in a few months, or is the difference not big enough and I should get 2S Pros now and I'd be fine until I got around to getting a pair of USs in a year or two?  With the reviews I've heard of the improvements from CCM's one piece boot, I am leaning towards the former.

Edited by psulion22