Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Beflar

What would you do?

So I have been breaking sticks for some reason and was in the market for more sticks.  So I go to the store and order a Bauer2N Pro thinking my back up stick will last till the 2N Pro shows up.  It will take two weeks to arrive...  Long story short my backup stick starts making tell tail noises.  So I quickly buy a Bauer N2900 which they had in stock.  I start using the N2900 and I like it....  Then I start to think maybe I should not buy the Bauer 2N Pro and maybe just buy a Bauer 2N which would be an upgrade to the N2900 and save $100?  I just kinda feel bad doing it for some reason...   What would you do?

Bottom line I think done with $300 plus sticks since the $220 lines are really good.

If you're set on Bauer just look for pro stocks or previous years models.  True and warrior sticks always go on sale /clearance too. More than CCM and Bauer since warrior and true don't restrict retailers (and online) to a minimum mrsp. Some killer deals around for the 2018 true A series and warrior Alpha qx

Depending on your flex and curve needs, there's lots of top of the line sticks available from various pro stock websites for <$200. I was dumb and didn't pull the trigger on a 2N pro on this one website for like $190 a few weeks ago. I use P92 or P28 so when inventory comes in, they sell almost instantly.

3 hours ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

I would never spend $300 on a stick when you can buy a top of the line pro stock or last years top retail sticks for $100-$150. 

Don't tell that to your customers 😬

2 hours ago, darkhors said:

He sells pro stocks too 😁

I know but some ppl don't like the idea of pro stocks. Then again some ppl do I guess 🤷‍♂️

10 hours ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

I would never spend $300 on a stick when you can buy a top of the line pro stock or last years top retail sticks for $100-$150. 

This.  All day.  There is absolutely no reason for any of us to buy the latest and greatest retail stick for $300.  Pros don't pay for their stuff so it doesn't really matter if and when they break or degrade after 1 month (and it would seem most of the latest super high end sticks are going soft or breaking in a very limited amount of time).  Buy the previous year, or 2 years ago top of the line (after being well reviewed/vetted) equipment about half off retail.  By then you will know what models are durable and have excellent performance.  Let someone else be the beta tester.  Exact same issue for golf equipment by the way...

9 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

Don't tell that to your customers 😬

The number of $250+ sticks we sell is minimal at best so I order very few of them. Those pricey sticks tend to sit on the floor for months and depreciate. Look at how many of those stupid Bauer Supreme ADV sticks are still sitting on shop floors! The bigger issue that 6 months later Hockey Monkey, Pure, or someone else drops the price 40-50% and I lose money on them... I would say for every $200+ stick our shops sell, our customers buy 5x as many $80-$140 sticks.

Not to mention that with companies like CCM dropping a new top of the line sticks every year it makes it pointless for me to even bother ordering top model sticks in bulk. I would rather buy and sell top-end pro stock sticks for a fair price because then everyone benefits from it. 

Edited by SkateWorksPNW
  • Like 2