Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Furyan

choosing first girdles

Hi there

Looks like i've finally decide to switch to girdles from pants after 20yrs -))

I can see two options to consider - tackla breezers and ccm supertacks as a top level choise, but i'm open to get something else as well

Does anybody has an experience of using both of them?

Which pro/cons?

What I'm looking for after pants (from much importance to the less):

- mobility

- lightweight

- breathable -)

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Furyan

The super tacks are really nice, but you can probably get the Reebok 9k Pro girdle for less than that and it's more protective. I went from a Bauer Supreme MX3 girdle to the 9k and it's night and day more protective and built much better. I think I bought mine for about $100 on ebay or sideline swap brand new. it has it's own internal belt and the legs are adjustable for length and tightness around the legs. It's not a wrap style, but it does the job really well.

I had the 7092 girdle and liked it. 

Loved the fit and mobility, however when I started playing more defence I went to pants for more coverage, as you can’t get the girdle to overlap the knee so you have a few more small gaps. 

what I am noticing in pants now though as that they are far more breathable than the tighter, form fitting girdle from before. 

super tacks offers greater adjustability, but the 7092 wrap around that fully opens is very easy to air out for drying. 

1 hour ago, Lihp8270 said:

I had the 7092 girdle and liked it. 

Loved the fit and mobility, however when I started playing more defence I went to pants for more coverage, as you can’t get the girdle to overlap the knee so you have a few more small gaps. 

what I am noticing in pants now though as that they are far more breathable than the tighter, form fitting girdle from before. 

super tacks offers greater adjustability, but the 7092 wrap around that fully opens is very easy to air out for drying. 

I've owned and compared both in the past and came to similar conclusion - the 7092 is the better option over the SuperTacks IMHO, unless you need the adjustability and the slight difference in protection. 

I've basically modified the SuperTacks to make it more like the 7092 in fact.

Just remember with either the SuperTacks or 7092 - the fit is almost a full size smaller than what you would be used to from most other pants/girdles. If you are a Medium in a pant, try the Large in the girdle. The medium in either I find too snug for me at about 5'10 180lbs, whereas a Medium Nexus pants are perfect.

colins

• Like 1

I am extremely intrigued by the new top end Tackla girdle that has been mentioned on this board. Would love to hear more about it from someone who has used it