Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
value77

Bauer Speedplate Insoles 1.0 Sizing

They dont answer because Id say they dont have a clue. Theres not much equipment knowledge in austrian "pro" shops. What size of skate do you have?

1 hour ago, Sisko said:

They dont answer because Id say they dont have a clue. Theres not much equipment knowledge in austrian "pro" shops. What size of skate do you have?

US: 11.5

UK: 10.5

EUR: 45.5

There is also a big 10 and a R ontop of the null dunno maybe thats what i need 

So you a have some entry level of skates and I dont recommend using speedplates in those. Insoles are designed for more rigid outsoles of higher models, especially in torsion stress. 

Just now, Sisko said:

So you a have some entry level of skates and I dont recommend using speedplates in those. Insoles are designed for more rigid outsoles of higher models, especially in torsion stress. 

damm it, so I would need to buy new skates which price range would you recommend that I can use the speed plates. Because I wanted to test them because of my lace bite

The whole reasoning is just wrong. You dont buy skates to fit or to try with speedplates. The same way you dont buy a house for living to complement your victorian dining set... 

Buy skates that fit your feets and level of play. Then tweek them with soles, punching, lacing.. if necessary.

Just now, Sisko said:

The whole reasoning is just wrong. You dont buy skates to fit or to try with speedplates. The same way you dont buy a house for living to complement your victorian dining set... 

Buy skates that fit your feets and level of play. Then tweek them with soles, punching, lacing.. if necessary.

Okay thanks, I was just asking as I dont really have much money but love to play hockey

1 hour ago, value77 said:

damm it, so I would need to buy new skates which price range would you recommend that I can use the speed plates. Because I wanted to test them because of my lace bite

If you're on a budget and this also sort of depends on your size I wouldn't go lower than the $200 price point IE Bauer VaporX2.7, Bauer Supreme S27, Bauer Nexus N2700, CCM RibCor 74K, CCM Jetspeeed FT460, CCM Tacks 9060.  All of these are around the same price now it is a matter of finding which ones are the most comfortable.  Try finding a shop in your area that stocks these and try them on walk around in each pair and go with the ones that fit the best out of the box.  Make sure you take into account how a skate is suppose to fit.  If your local shop has a Bauer or CCM foot scanner that is a good starting point if not this link is also a pretty good starting point https://www.icewarehouse.com/lc/skates/how-to-find-your-skate-size-at-home.html .  If you're a bigger person you may need to increase you budget to get a skate with some better materials and to offer more support but in my opinion if you're average sized the $200 level is a good budget price point for hockey playing. 

The Speedplate insole size will be the same size as your skate. Your skates seem to be 10R which is 10 regular width. So you should buy size 10 speedplates. Post a photo of the tongue and someone can confirm the size

13 hours ago, strosedefence34 said:

If you're on a budget and this also sort of depends on your size I wouldn't go lower than the $200 price point IE Bauer VaporX2.7, Bauer Supreme S27, Bauer Nexus N2700, CCM RibCor 74K, CCM Jetspeeed FT460, CCM Tacks 9060.  All of these are around the same price now it is a matter of finding which ones are the most comfortable.  Try finding a shop in your area that stocks these and try them on walk around in each pair and go with the ones that fit the best out of the box.  Make sure you take into account how a skate is suppose to fit.  If your local shop has a Bauer or CCM foot scanner that is a good starting point if not this link is also a pretty good starting point https://www.icewarehouse.com/lc/skates/how-to-find-your-skate-size-at-home.html .  If you're a bigger person you may need to increase you budget to get a skate with some better materials and to offer more support but in my opinion if you're average sized the $200 level is a good budget price point for hockey playing. 

thanks for your post, I am not that heavy about 70kg but 1.90 tall so I think $200 will be enough

• Like 1

5 hours ago, value77 said:

thanks for your post, I am not that heavy about 70kg but 1.90 tall so I think $200 will be enough

$200 price point should be fine but no insole custom or not will fix a skate that is too big.  It is important to get the sizing down before investing in insoles.  Like I said if you have a shop that has a Bauer or CCM scanner get scanned and take that as a starting point or go with the ice warehouse tracing method.  You want your toes to feather to the toe cap but not be scrunched.

• Thanks 1