Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
value77

How tight should I tie my skates

I baked them once and tied them with a little power not full as I did at my old skates (they were hurting) so I am not sure how tight I should tie them.

Do I still get more comfort with baking even when I did not tie them correctly instantly after baking?

Edited by value77

I'm struggling to make sense of this, however play around with tying them, personally I like them looser over the forefoot, then slightly tighter going up the ankle. They're your skates on your feet, you'll know when they feel good.

Just now, Left Wing King said:

I'm struggling to make sense of this, however play around with tying them, personally I like them looser over the forefoot, then slightly tighter going up the ankle. They're your skates on your feet, you'll know when they feel good.

okay, I just did now know I baked them today and did not lace them tight and I would be interested if baking still helped even if i tied them "wrong"

8 hours ago, value77 said:

I baked them once and tied them with a little power not full as I did at my old skates (they were hurting) so I am not sure how tight I should tie them.

Do I still get more comfort with baking even when I did not tie them correctly instantly after baking?

When baking skates you want them to be snug but you don't want them to be overly tight.  Don't crank down on the laces or pull them so tight because you can do damage to the eyelets and the surrounding areas.

• Thanks 1

Just now, strosedefence34 said:

When baking skates you want them to be snug but you don't want them to be overly tight.  Don't crank down on the laces or pull them so tight because you can do damage to the eyelets and the surrounding areas.

okay then I think I made that pretty well

• Like 1