Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
BenBreeg

Ribcore vs. Jetspeed Fit

So i finally got new skates after being in Bauer 7000s for like 18 years.  They scanned me and it said  Vapor line.  I wanted to try CCM so they just said that is the same as. Jetspeed.  Had a 9 1/2 490 on and it felt ok but tried the Ribcore. Much softer and felt more similar to a traditional skate.  Even went down to a size 9.  So I do have some length issues I think, the days of really tight skates are over for me.  Pinky toes are smushed as well.  But the thing is my instep pushes the tongue pretty far out of the boot.  I fail the pencil test for the middle 5 eyelets or so.  I probably do with my Bauers too but never had an issue.  A little soreness on the top of my foot after playing.  

I am well within the 90 days so i can return them but it is an hour away so trying to get some opinions.  Sizing up to 9 1/2 will help the toes but I dont think it will give me much more volume.  Does the Jetspeed have more volume than the Ribcore?  Thing about the Jetspeed was the lack of padding for my bony ankles (and accessory navicular on my right foot).

Any experience with both skates?

Thing I remember when I tried on the Jetspeeds was how narrow the heel was. Much more so than my 1X. Volume wise the Jetspeeds and Ribcors are close. Maybe a touch less in the Jetspeed?? Hard to say for sure, my foot never made it all the way into those Jetspeeds. Shame, I was looking forward to trying them.

Compared to Bauers. Both ccms seem to have a bit more volume than a modern era vapor. I'd put them somewhere between the vapor and supreme.

Definitely try going back up that half size. Maybe that puts your instep in a more favorable spot...

Edited by stick9