Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sven

Questions bout new Skates

Hi.

I just got new skates (Mission Fly w/ Leather) and i went to the rink.

They actually fit very good, but after 10 mins its starting to hurt on the outer side of the feet.

Will this go away when i wear the skates more often [like 1 month] or are the skates to narrow (which i dont think is the point)?

Thanks ;)

It could be either one. Do your feet feel squished width-wise when you initially put the skate on? Your feet do also expand a little bit after skating for a while. I would probably give it around 10 skates to see if it's just a matter of breaking the skate in.

It could be either one. Do your feet feel squished width-wise when you initially put the skate on? Your feet do also expand a little bit after skating for a while. I would probably give it around 10 skates to see if it's just a matter of breaking the skate in.

No, i feel very comfortable when i put the skate on.

when i laced em up, it kinda squeezes the foot together and it after some rounds it hurts here :(

maybe i can 'skate and bake' em in a oven and it will be better, cause when its warm the material expands and my feet are in the perfect position =)

thx in advance

That pic made me laugh a little bit :D

Why don't you try not lacing them up so tightly around that area. It looks like the 3rd or 4th eyelet. You don't really need to tie your skates that tight in that area anyways since locking your heel down is the most important thing.

mh i can skate better when its really good laced up.

im still not sure if i should bake em or not :<

(glad that i made u laugh ;))

Too tight is bad. When you say that you skate better, do you mean that you feel more balanced on your skates? If so, then you probably need a stiffer boot (bandaid solution) or you just need to strengthen your ankles/feet a little more.

I don't think you can bake the Flys actually. Somebody correct me if i'm wrong.

well u can, i got this piece of paper in it and i read it on the internet several times ;)

"When you say that you skate better, do you mean that you feel more balanced on your skates?" -> yeah, what can i do ? (whats 'bandaid solution')

if theres a little buldge that you feel under the arch of your foot get some heel lifts and make it so your foot doesnt hit that buldge...

doing this will make the blood flow in your foot a little smother.. i had the same problem with this as you.. im not sure what your pain there feels like but this may help a lot... or just make it a little more comfortable

some questions for ya buddy: when you lace up your skate... look at your laces, do u have a nice parallel pattern running all the way up your foot? or is it more of a semi-circle or some buldging in the laces? is the pattern very wide or very narrow? obviously you wont be as techinically skilled at determining this, but do your best to judge.... If there is any decent hockey shops in and around your area they should know what theyre talking about and be able to accomidate that boot right to your foot by bumping.... Heat molding will bring your heel back further in the boot which may releave some pain in the forefoot but is not the major solution behind your problem.... the skates you are skating in only have heat-moldable materials in the back of the skate, it is possible that you do have a bit wider of a foot or potentially a slite buldge right around your fifth med. (your pinkie toe bone area) if so, the trick is to releave that pressure by giving a good bump on that fifth med. or the first "knuckle" of that toe and perhaps even further back... this should help you with your problem... is is very possible that this skate might not even fit you all that well..... but the true solution is bumping in this case with your skates... see what you can have someone do for you! good luck buddy

From your pics, it looks like perhaps the toe cap is digging into your side of the foot right there. If worse comes to worse, you could have your LHS punch them out. Also, I never tie my skates up super tight near the bottom eyelets, I always just give a little tug and that's it.