Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2005 CCM Catalogue Review

Just sat down with my THC rep. FINALLY - scans!

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/pics/JR/2005/ccm/ccm.pdf

Let's go in the order of the catalogue.

Skates

CCM has retooled the Tacks line. Their top-end skate is still the Pro Tacks, but it has been changed completely. They have added the SkateLock from the Vector skates, and also have added support straps along the sides of the skates for more support. They have gone with a plastic (smooth) toecap and also added the E-blade system (no more PL3!) The tongue has been changed as well - and the liner is now tan Clarino.

The outsole is composite, however, they have added plastic to the edge (kinda like what Bauer used to offer on their older skates.)

The main feature is their Pro Armour quarter package, which is actually EPP (the same stuff in the top-end helmets). It's pretty solid stuff.

The new Tacks line runs as such - Pro/992/892 (stainless and t'blade)/692/492/292/192/92. Skate lock is available from Pro to 292.

Vector - unchanged

Sticks

Unchanged

Gloves

Pro Tacks glove now has Pro Armour EPP protection with inserts, and a Pittards digital goatskin palm with a black reinforced strip on top of the palm.

The Vector glove is pretty nice. Adjustable cuff system which fastens in the back of the cuff. It also comes with the digital goatskin plam, however, the reinforced strip has small silicone-like dots to increase grip.

Pants

CCM has spruced up the pant line. They've added a new look to it, a bigger spine protector, and wear panels on the side of the pant. The look is also different coming from the Pro Tacks, which was a traditional pant. For you girdle guys, they've added an adjustable velcro girdle to their lineup.

Protective

Unchanged

I don't know when I will be getting the catalogue scanned. I will try my best to get it soon. Sorry.

I've never skates on the eblade, but I was one of the few fans of the PL3, I'm guessing it's gone for good.

are you gonna get a scan of the ccm catalog?? i love looking through those things

or are you out of luck since he didnt have one to give to you?

I think its coming.

I'm very curious to see the new Tacks.

I've been a long time Tack fan because they fit my foot so well. But I will follow my golden rule of avoiding the bleeding edge and give any new lines or radically or altertered products at least a year or two to see how they stand the test of time.

So hockey retailers look for me shopping for Tacks in 2006/2007!

JJ

Did CCM improve the durability of the SkateLock? I know a LOT of Vector owners reported the SkateLock bending and breaking very easily.

I wish CCM would jump on the bandwagon and offer a Tapered 2 piece shaft/blade system like most other mfgrs.

I'd like to rig a tapered 120 shaft with a 110 blade...or something of the sort.

Any progress on the scanning? Gotta round out all the manufacturers and include my buddies over at CCM!

Sorry, I had to work. We had a couple of reps come in and I had to get some demo skates. I will try to do it when I get some extra time.

Sorry, I had to work. We had a couple of reps come in and I had to get some demo skates. I will try to do it when I get some extra time.

thanks in advance in any case! :P

I tried on the 2005 CCM Pro Tack skates today and was surprised how much I liked them. They are much improved in my opinion, from the 2004 model

Hey Graz, the reason I'm so interested in the CCM catelogue is because I've always been a Tacks guy and it's getting close to that time that I need new wheels.

I've always stayed away from the bleeding edge and prefer the tried, tested and true, so that's why I'm so curious about the new Tacks. Is it really a new skate, or more cosmetic changes to what we already know?

I'll give the Vectors another year or two before I even look at them.

Thanks,

JJ

Hey Graz, the reason I'm so interested in the CCM catelogue is because I've always been a Tacks guy and it's getting close to that time that I need new wheels.

I've always stayed away from the bleeding edge and prefer the tried, tested and true, so that's why I'm so curious about the new Tacks. Is it really a new skate, or more cosmetic changes to what we already know?

I'll give the Vectors another year or two before I even look at them.

Thanks,

JJ

It's a major change.