Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
kovalchuk71

Cutting OPS at fuse point.....

is it a stage 2? Im having problems myself with leftover epoxy in the shaft. I was able to get the tenon out though.

Nope original RBZ and I meant hosel not tenon sorry. Edited by JDS93

is it a stage 2? Im having problems myself with leftover epoxy in the shaft. I was able to get the tenon out though.

How did you go about getting the hosel out?

I have a stage 2 that I found broken at the blade yesterday and the shift itself looks basically new. I don't believe the rbz shafts are tapered (could be wrong), but if that were the case would a standard blade fit at the base of the shaft? If the tendon and glue and adhesives were all removed from the original blade, that is.

Has anyone done an Easton v7. Broke mine in the blade reviewing a pass. Shaft is basically new. I can see a line which must be the fuse point, however it looks very narrow and I cannot see a tapered blade fitting it.

Any advice?

Buzz, how do you get the remaining tennon out so nicely? I end up chiselling it out into a million pieces :/

Edited by .am

Buzz, how do you get the remaining tennon out so nicely? I end up chiselling it out into a million pieces :/

I did a tutorial a few pages back. Drill a pilot hole in the tenon and a needle nose pliers should take care of the rest.

I'm sure it's been covered before, I tried searching the thread and didn't find the info. I have a Bauer Nexus 600 that doesn't get much use and I'd like to put in a new blade and give it to my girlfriend to use. (I shoot left, she shoots right) Can I just use a heat gun and "pull" the blade out, do I need to cut it first, and if so how do I know where? I know I need a tapered blade to put back in, I'm just new to re-constructing sticks, and don't wanna ruin it. Thanks.

Is there a fuse point on the Warrior Evo sticks?

i just found one of these as well i am looking to convert, anyone have any luck with this model? ill give it a shot if not.

i just found one of these as well i am looking to convert, anyone have any luck with this model? ill give it a shot if not.

The blade can be separated, but I hacked away at the shaft. My guess is the fuse point is around the W towards the blade.

Broke the blade of a Bauer Pro Stock G3 stick. Was curious how tuff it is and if there is a lot involved to removing the blade from the shaft.

Was able to do 3 this morning! Quite happy, they all vary in length by about 1cm between the 3 but was a good result

i5di1h.jpg

The CCM was the worst one to do, took about 45 minutes to dig out all the crap, then a standard blade was to thick and a tapered was to thin, had to shave back the hosel which took another 30 minutes before it finally went in. Although I had to slam the stick down 30 times before it went in all the way. ( not lightly either )

The 1N was the easiest of them all, cut and insert. Nothing to cut away or pull out (:

Mako was relatively easy as well, cut down to low to start with, measured up an approximate length it would be with a blade inserted, cut, 5 minutes to dig out the left overs and blade went straight in.

• Like 1

The mx3 and s19 are simple chop and insert jobs. You'll lose much of the taper (especially on the s19) and need a plug on the butt end to put the length back if you play with a full length stick. I don't recall an ax1 conversion off the top of my head.

Regardless, cut as low as you can to start, then check the cut against your blade tenon. As needed, cut a little more until it fits.

For the s19, I was thinking that I would lose most of the taper, so I think for that I'll just use it as a road hockey stick. Wasn't aware I'd lose a lot of the taper on the MX3 though, I might just try to find a 1N instead then.. Thanks for the help!

It depends how much is too much for you. I play with short sticks and I prefer a wood plug for dampening so I've converted and used s19s myself with no issues. Ymmv.

If you already have a tapered blade, hold it up against the broken shaft for comparison. You should be able to get rough estimate how much length you'll lose before you commit.

• Like 1

Ah okay thanks. I haven't had any luck at all finding tapered blades, so I might just have to hold off until I find a reliable (and cost-effective) place to buy them.

I'd suggest harrow hockey blades

• Like 1

I have an x50 ops that's broken, have you guys done a X60 or similar to the X50? I've got a couple of tapered blades. I think it should work out, unless you tell me otherwise

Did anyone manage to do T1 MX3? I picked up a broken one at a rink the other night and the asymmetrical shaft is killing me, I've already cut 5~ inches