Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

2005 DR Catalogue

yeah and this oldschool equipment is rad too

The Legend stuff is BEAUTIFUL. The elbow pads fit great, are light, yet still offer good protection. The shoulders are a little bit thick for my taste (I wear some 1980s Coopers, they're paper thin) but I think they'll soften up with a washing or two as well as some use. The gloves... oh, the gloves! Pigskin, thin leather palm (I think they're supposed to come with a 2nd palm, like the Vapor XXX), split fingers, leather gussets, lace in the cuff, plastic inserts... extremely comfortable right out of the bag, and should be reasonably priced. I have yet to see the pants, but my brother (prenny207, a DR rep) said they're very nice, look like they're from the 1970s, but are quite protective. I'll probably end up wearing the whole series.

yeah and this oldschool equipment is rad too

The Legend stuff is BEAUTIFUL. The elbow pads fit great, are light, yet still offer good protection. The shoulders are a little bit thick for my taste (I wear some 1980s Coopers, they're paper thin) but I think they'll soften up with a washing or two as well as some use. The gloves... oh, the gloves! Pigskin, thin leather palm (I think they're supposed to come with a 2nd palm, like the Vapor XXX), split fingers, leather gussets, lace in the cuff, plastic inserts... extremely comfortable right out of the bag, and should be reasonably priced. I have yet to see the pants, but my brother (prenny207, a DR rep) said they're very nice, look like they're from the 1970s, but are quite protective. I'll probably end up wearing the whole series.

I thought the pants were a little on the thin side. Then again, I don't like bruises. I will have the elbows, as my 8025s are about dead.

i know this is an old thread, but does anyone know the difference between the legend shoulder pads, and the sherwood 5030, they look the same..

i know this is an old thread, but does anyone know the difference between the legend shoulder pads, and the sherwood 5030, they look the same..

The 05 legend is cut very differently from the 04 and the 5030. It rides much lower at the shoulder and a lot of the people who tried it in the shop didn't like the 05 as much.

so there are two different legend shoulder pads?

Yes, two different versions.

The 2004 model is a little better pad than the 2005 model in my opinion but the 2005 looks nicer.

do you know where i can get the 2004 version? and is the 2004 version just like the sherwood 5030, and then the 2005 is different version..

do you know where i can get the 2004 version? and is the 2004 version just like the sherwood 5030, and then the 2005 is different version..

2004 is probably more similar to the 5030. Last I heard they had a bunch of leftover inventory in the legend shoulders, if you can find a DR dealer they should be able to get them for you. The 2004 is a creamy-off white color and the 2005 is white. The 05 is also cut much wider around the collar.

Sign in to follow this