Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xunkn0vvnx

Glove repalming in the Southern California Area ?

Does anybody know any good/cheap shops in the southern california area that does glove repalming ??

You could just buy a pair off of me!

Old World Boot Repair in Anaheim, just off the 91 fwy at Ball rd. The guy who owns it does great work. He does stuff for a lot of the Ducks players. Also used to play for the old soviet national team, so he has lots of cool memorobillia up. His pricing is average, he usually looks at the amount of work that needs to be done and quotes it that way.

Guest Marcelo Cordoba
Old World Boot Repair in Anaheim, just off the 91 fwy at Ball rd. The guy who owns it does great work. He does stuff for a lot of the Ducks players. Also used to play for the old soviet national team, so he has lots of cool memorobillia up. His pricing is average, he usually looks at the amount of work that needs to be done and quotes it that way.

I completely recommend Leon. He has always done a great job for me personally, as well as any Kings or Ducks mods or repairs that I have needed.

Guest Marcelo Cordoba
La Tijera Bootery

6949 La Tijera Boulevard, Los Angeles CA 90045

They do good work

Doc Sholl does good work and he is closer to you.

I completely recommend Leon. He has always done a great job for me personally, as well as any Kings or Ducks mods or repairs that I have needed.

Ditto....

Send the gloves to http://www.fixitbymail.com they do the highest quality work.

There's a reason why we're not recommending Northern Sports...

What's the problem with Northern Sports? I thought about sending them a pair of gloves to be repalmed last month but decided to just scrap them.

Send the gloves to http://www.fixitbymail.com they do the highest quality work.

There's a reason why we're not recommending Northern Sports...

What's the problem with Northern Sports? I thought about sending them a pair of gloves to be repalmed last month but decided to just scrap them.

Going bye-bye

Leon does top quality work. I once took a goal glove to get skate lace restrung in the pocket and he just looked at me like i was crazy and had no idea how to do it. All other alterations have been handled quite well. He comes off quite stern and intimdating.

Guest Marcelo Cordoba
Leon does top quality work. I once took a goal glove to get skate lace restrung in the pocket and he just looked at me like i was crazy and had no idea how to do it. All other alterations have been handled quite well. He comes off quite stern and intimdating.

I can tell you that I have known Leon for long enough to know that you probably went in there with a "my sh*t don't stink" attitude. Leon is one of the nicest people I have ever met, and, has a knack of repairing potential future problems at no additional charge, on top of what you took the product in for to begin with.

Believe me, maybe he didn't know how to do it because he hadn't done that type of "repair" before. He probably thought it was the stupidest "repair"/modification that he had requested of him. Before you bash him, remember that you couldn't do the mod yourself, that's why you took it to him.

I remember taking Roman Cechmanek's C/A in there for him to stitch up repairs and mods that I had done to the C/A. Long story short, I rebuilt his C/A and used wax thread to sew everything together. I was going to have Leon to stitch the arms onto the body, as well as take care of a few other things. Leon looked at me and said in his Ukraine-accented English "Why you want to spend money on the good job you did?" Cechmanek ended up using that C/A for the remainder of the season, as I stitched it.

But, I'll tell you what, I challenge anyone that can turn around the repairs that he has done for me in both a quicker time frame and with more quality than what he does. He stands behind his work and is beyond fair with price, especially with the pro reps (and of course Mission Corporate) that have used him.

I cannot say enough about the guy and could tell you stories upon stories about him and the products and innovative ideas that he and I have worked on, that actually ended up on a few products in this industry.

EDITED TO ADD====> Jeff, do you actually stop the puck? I hear it is still all white. :P The COBRA rocks!

So what if i can't stop the puck i still look good. I was not trying to bash leon he just scares me but i have nothing but good things to say about his work. He put in my knee lifts for next to nothing.

Guest Marcelo Cordoba
So what if i can't stop the puck i still look good.

OK, I'll at least say your goalie equipment looks good... :rolleyes: