Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm3

recci curve

They a sort of similar but they're not quite the same. Descriptions are in the pattern db.

EDIT: Beat me to it.

Edited by DeI 18

I liked the recci curve, then moved to the Sakic curve, and I don't really like it all that much. The main problem I'm having is the open face on the end of the blade, but other than that, it's great and close to the Recci.

I have switched between the Recchi and Iginla with little trouble. I am bad with blade descriptions but I would describe the Recchi as having a bit more hook, ie less open than Iginla.

I use the Recchi curve as my primary curve...I like it better than the Sakic...someone once described the Recchi as the jack of all stickhandling trades, but a master of none. This describes it perfectly. In my case (when I held the 3 composite blades together), the lie of the Recchi falls between the Modano and the Sakic. I don't think there is a direct counterpart to it in the Easton lineup, but it compares somewhat between the Sakic and the Shanahan IMO. Not as open at the toe as the Sakic and not as severe a curve as the Shanny.

I wish I could find a tapered version of it in some form or fashion.

I have no problem lifting shots, roofing shots, or keeping them low with the Recchi. Backhands are easy as are deflections. I find toe manuevers especially simplified with the Recchi.

Edited by 2wayplayer

Now yours asking what a sakic is? :blink:

Try searching seriously, the thing actually work. Same with that "Pattern DB" thing.

Edited by Regina_kid

i dont know what lie and things like that for the pattern db.

i suck at searching for things, its too confusing, i just wont start topics anymore, because i seem to allways do ones that have been previouisly done

Im not saying you have to stop posting, just try searching first. Its not that hard. You may just have to go threw a couple pages on the search to find it thats all.

what curve is like a sakic?

easton ,makes sakic and i love the newer sticks that are comeing out, they just dont have my curve.

Easton is making the Sakic for their new line of sticks

The clones are:

Rafalski, P92 Naslund, CCM Bonk, TPS Nash, and there may be others in other brands, but I cannot think of them right now

While you search, stick to one word.

The "lie" refers to the angle of the stick relative to the blade. A Higher lie means the stick is more like a 90 degree angle, the lower the the more like a straight line it is.

easton ,makes sakic and i love the newer sticks that are comeing out, they just dont have my curve.

The clones are:

Rafalski, P92 Naslund, CCM Bonk, TPS Nash, and there may be others in other brands, but I cannot think of them right now

thanks, now i might go buy a vector or another brands curve. who makes rafalski and who makes naslund?

The clones are:

thanks, now i might go buy a vector or another brands curve. who makes rafalski and who makes naslund?

Mission makes the Rafalski, I think Bauer makes the Naslund.

EDIT: diddnt see Sticks Of Fury's post.

Edited by notorious#29

The clones are:

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/index.php?act=Patterns

Bauer makes the lindros, which is similar to a recci.

If you want to see all blades in the database, then don't fill out any of the fields. Just hit search with nothing filled out, gives the stats for all the blades.

Bauer makes the lindros, which is similar to a recci.

I agree, i use the lindros and recchi interchangeably, just i feel that the recchi has a slight bit more curve around the toe, whilst the lindros has a slight bit more curve towards the heel, but those are subtle differences.

I also had no trouble switching from recchi to iginla the only problem was the blade was a little shorter and and slapshots id fan or hit ot off the toe.After 3 practice times i was very used to it and going back to recchi was no pproblem at all