Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dsjunior1388

VH Footwear/TRUE by Scott Van Horne

Looks much cleaner! Good to see that they're continuing to tweak the boot design...

I think they should still consider coating their eyelets to prevent rust. Nearly all of the major manufacturers do it, so no need to skimp out.

Edited by mc88

Just ordered a pair yesterday. I was told the toe cap is still carbon fiber with the option of an epoxy coating. I will post pics when they arrive!

It looks like it's maybe the same toe cap as in this video (warning, annoying audio). It looks gnarly, so much so that I assumed it was a special boot for extra forefoot protection or something.

http://www.docdroid.net/1269v/vh-press-release-new-model-june2015.pdf.html , http://www.docdroid.net/126a3/new-custom-options-size-7-10.pdf.html. Seems a new boot will be available in the fall. Says it is now available for custom order, not sure that means they make them for you now, or you just order and they ship them out in the fall.

Edited by Bitzki

Looks this will address the rivet issue some have had " The sole of the new boot also includes a proprietary polymer insert that enhances the properties oft he sole, and provides a superior inner surface for receiving blade holder mounting fasteners."

Hell yes! Finally some upgrades. Despite the pricing, I'm thinking about getting another pair with some stiffer tongues.

Condensed PDF specs:

• Plastic Toe Cap Overlay -- overlaps the carbon fiber shell for additional protection
  • Toe Cap Color Options -- Red, White, Blue, Yellow, Silver, and Green
  • Enhanced Sidewall Protection -- adds protection to the sides of the boots, but makes the boot stiffer and 30 grams heavier
  • Liner Options -- Tan Clarino or Black Wick Liner
  • One-Piece Tendon Guard -- one-piece polymer infused plastic tendon guard
  • Tongue Upgrades Options -- enhanced metatarsal guard (for rigidity) and/or custom embroidery option (up to 3 digits)
AE1uiFq.jpg Edited by mc88
  • Like 2

The new toe cap looks nice.

Even if the new boots get enhanced stiffer, I don't think I can cut slap shot by leg with no hesitation.

So I don't demand for boots' stiffer that just protection. VH's boots have already been having enough stiffer for skating.

I expect lightweight rather than more stiffer.

Or if the extra boot stiff reach or get more protection instead of wearing skate fender, it's so great.

No coated eyelets? I thought that would have been a no brainer after seeing all those rusty eyelet pictures on here. Or is it so minor its not worth listing as an improvement?

No coated eyelets? I thought that would have been a no brainer after seeing all those rusty eyelet pictures on here. Or is it so minor its not worth listing as an improvement?

Maybe it's fair to pose the question again and see if anyone who has got a newer pair of skates is having the rusty eyelet issue.

I have an earlier pair and they aren't rusting - maybe it was something to do with the batch of eyelets or perhaps the supplier has since been changed.

It's growing on me. I'm intrigued especially by the new tendon guard. This is still a bit of an odd area for the current generation speed skate style hockey boots. I was just surprised when I saw these because I had been imagining changes for those areas, while thinking of something just a little bit different.

Is there leather covering the side of the toe cap in the video? Is that why it looks so much more rough? It looks much better in the release pdf.

My pair are just about done too (stitching/material coming undone near toe cap), hopefully they've started to implement these upgrades now!

So what's the feed back from those (if any) that have tried the new tendon guards and toe cap style? Anyone have any different angle pics of the new style player boots?