Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
  • 11th Annual MSH SummerJam

JR Boucicaut

Happy to announce that we will be hosting the 11th Annual MSH SummerJam in Chicago, IL on Saturday July 27th!

We will be skating on the Blackhawks' practice ice at MB Ice Arena.

Since it's a new city for us, we decided to start really early on it.  If interested in the event, please post here to express your interest.

summerjam2019.thumb.png.778c2a4bf2c34b68e9c4ac4571352080.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 1/15/2019 at 11:15 PM, IPv6Freely said:

Definitely interested! My wife loves Chicago so she’d even go with me this time!

But who will ship you pads if she comes? 🙂

• Haha 1

Share this comment

On 2/4/2019 at 11:13 AM, JoeyJ0506 said:

I have to be on the reserve list for this, unfortunately. I'm in a buddy's wedding and his bachelor party is holding me hostage... No one will set a date for it.

Just go to his second wedding. It's fine.

Also. Interested of course.

• Like 1
    • Haha 1

Share this comment

This is a late notice...the weekend of july 26 to 28 the Blackhawks are hosting their annual Blackhawks convention at the Hilton Chicago.  Tickets go on sale 2/15 at 10am.  $95 for the weekend or $60 daily

Share this comment

40 minutes ago, stick9 said:

I'm interested as well. Hope we have time to visit Al and Peg. 😉

I just watched a youtube video of Al's greatest insults. I was dying laughing. My wife was not. 

• Haha 1

Share this comment

Yes, there are slots still open.  We sent you an invite.

On 4/25/2019 at 8:29 AM, Nicholas G said:

Is there still slots open? 

The skate is Saturday AM.  We normally have a dinner/out on the town Friday night and Saturday post-game. http://www.modsquadhockey.com/summerjam

On 4/12/2019 at 10:01 AM, caveman27 said:

What is the schedule for the SummerJam? What type of events go on? How much does it cost? Is there a general information page?

Share this comment

14 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Yes, there are slots still open.  We sent you an invite.

The skate is Saturday AM.  We normally have a dinner/out on the town Friday night and Saturday post-game. http://www.modsquadhockey.com/summerjam

Hi, the link points to the 2018 summer jam. I see the 11th summer jam is in Chicago, IL.  How much does it cost? 

Never been. What's the skill level? From the 2018 itinerary, there's just one two-hour game.

Edited by caveman27

Share this comment

20 hours ago, caveman27 said:

Hi, the link points to the 2018 summer jam. I see the 11th summer jam is in Chicago, IL.  How much does it cost? 

Never been. What's the skill level? From the 2018 itinerary, there's just one two-hour game.

$135. Skill level all across the board. It's not a game, it's more of a pickup. Of course, the skate is the lowest on the list of reasons to attend 🙂 

• Like 1

Share this comment

29 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

$135. Skill level all across the board. It's not a game, it's more of a pickup. Of course, the skate is the lowest on the list of reasons to attend 🙂 

Not to sound like a complete noob/outsider, which I am, but looking at last year's event itinerary, it involved a pre-event dinner, a manufacturer product demo, a two-hour pickup game, and a post-game party. The $135 covers the pre-event dinner, ice-time, and post-game dinner. If the pick-up game is the lowest of reasons to attend, is this some mega-foodie affair?

Share this comment

15 minutes ago, caveman27 said:

Not to sound like a complete noob/outsider, which I am, but looking at last year's event itinerary, it involved a pre-event dinner, a manufacturer product demo, a two-hour pickup game, and a post-game party. The $135 covers the pre-event dinner, ice-time, and post-game dinner. If the pick-up game is the lowest of reasons to attend, is this some mega-foodie affair?

It's an opportunity to hang out and get to know the other MSH members. 

• Like 2

Share this comment

6 hours ago, caveman27 said:

I doesn't look like I'll be able to make it this year, but having been several times in the past, the registration fee covers the ice time and whatever rental costs are required for the manufacturers display/demo area as well as custom jerseys, socks and a puck. There are also usually give-aways from the manufacturers such as hats, bags, skate towels ect. and there have been draws for larger prizes at some past events. Picking the reps brains, seeing the new gear and getting to try some of it out is all great. The game itself is a very relaxed fun pickup game with a wide variety of skill levels as IPV6 mentioned. 

The dinners are a separate cost. I don't know what's being done this year, but for past events there was a BBQ/party on Friday at the host hotel with a reasonable fee to cover the costs of the food and then a dinner at a restaurant on the Saturday (usually followed by hanging out at the host hotel). These events are optional, but recommended as you get to meet fellow members with a shared common passion for the sport and equipment and hang out. It's flexible, if you can't make it to the dinner on Sat, but want to meet at the hotel after then that usually works. I've always enjoyed the BBQ and hotel hangouts with the other members; there are a lot of laughs and interesting discussions. 

Edited by althoma1
    • Like 2

Share this comment

1 hour ago, althoma1 said:

I doesn't look like I'll be able to make it this year, but having been several times in the past, the registration fee covers the ice time and whatever rental costs are required for the manufacturers display/demo area as well as custom jerseys, socks and a puck. There are also usually give-aways from the manufacturers such as hats, bags, skate towels ect. and there have been draws for larger prizes at some past events. Picking the reps brains, seeing the new gear and getting to try some it out is all great. The game itself is a very relaxed fun pickup game with a wide variety of skill levels as IPV6 mentioned. 

The dinners are a separate cost. I don't know what's being done this year, but for past events there was a BBQ/party on Friday at the host hotel with a reasonable fee to cover the costs of the food and then a dinner at a restaurant on the Saturday (usually followed by hanging out at the host hotel). These events are optional, but recommended as you get to meet fellow members with a shared common passion for the sport and equipment and hang out. It's flexible, if you can't make it to the dinner on Sat, but want to meet at the hotel after then that usually works. I've always enjoyed the BBQ and hotel hangouts with the other members; there are a lot of laughs and interesting discussions. 

Okay. Sounds interesting. It would be costly for me, travel, food and lodging, not including the $135 event fee.  Hope you all have fun though.

Share this comment

46 minutes ago, caveman27 said:

Okay. Sounds interesting. It would be costly for me, travel, food and lodging, not including the $135 event fee.  Hope you all have fun though.

I'm flying from San Diego 🙂 

• Like 1
    • Haha 1

Share this comment

On 2/4/2019 at 11:13 AM, JoeyJ0506 said:

I have to be on the reserve list for this, unfortunately. I'm in a buddy's wedding and his bachelor party is holding me hostage... No one will set a date for it.

Well, I have been officially DQ'd from SJ participation. I was denied the PTO. See you guys in December!

• Sad 2

Share this comment