Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
  • 12th Annual MSH SummerJam

JR Boucicaut

SummerJam2020.jpg

The 12th Annual MSH SummerJam will be held at the RWJBarnabas Health Hockey House at the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ on August 1, 2020.

This will be the third time that we host SummerJam here and they have been excellent, well-attended events. 

The registration page will be available shortly.  If you have interest in attending, please post here to express interest.

Thank you for supporting MSH!  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Unfortunately I’ll be out again. Health hasn’t been very cooperative lately and likely will be dealing with stuff for a while. 
    Hopefully everyone has a great time. 

Share this comment

I've been interested in attending for a long time and this summer is looking like I'll finally get my wish.  Can anyone describe the day's events?  Is it worth getting a hotel room for the night before or of?  

Share this comment

Howdy,

4 hours ago, xstartxtodayx said:

I've been interested in attending for a long time and this summer is looking like I'll finally get my wish.  Can anyone describe the day's events?  Is it worth getting a hotel room for the night before or of?  

Usually a dinner/get together the night before and the night of the game, generally later in the evenings for both (at least for an old man like me).  I would say at these events the ice time / manufacturer demo / whatever is roughly half of the experience for me, with the other half being those get togethers or other activities (like if you've got family with you and do the tourist thing or something).

"Worth it" is kinda a personal thing.  Its worth it to me.

Mark

• Like 1

Share this comment

On 3/2/2020 at 6:36 PM, Steve_v3 said:

Unfortunately I’ll be out again. Health hasn’t been very cooperative lately and likely will be dealing with stuff for a while. 
    Hopefully everyone has a great time. 

We have had people who have attended our events who the first couple of times just showed up for the skate, then left after, or stayed for dinner.

Unfortunately, they end up not getting the full experience.

The reason why we do this is to bring people together who have a common interest. The people who come Friday night always seem to come back - you get to meet the members in a relaxed setting. 

• Like 2

Share this comment

12 minutes ago, JR Boucicaut said:

We have had people who have attended our events who the first couple of times just showed up for the skate, then left after, or stayed for dinner.

Unfortunately, they end up not getting the full experience.

The reason why we do this is to bring people together who have a common interest. The people who come Friday night always seem to come back - you get to meet the members in a relaxed setting. 

It’s a great time. My first time spending the weekend with everyone was awesome. Highly recommend going for the weekend. 
    Hoping my health can finally get in the right direction so I can come back, even if just to hang out with everyone. 

• Like 2

Share this comment

3 minutes ago, Steve_v3 said:

It’s a great time. My first time spending the weekend with everyone was awesome. Highly recommend going for the weekend. 
    Hoping my health can finally get in the right direction so I can come back, even if just to hang out with everyone. 

Really hope you can!

• Like 1

Share this comment

11 hours ago, xstartxtodayx said:

If its a place you haven't been to I would suggesting coming in on Wednesday so you can do the tourist thing and explore. There's usually at least a couple other MSH'ers around. In Pittsburgh we went to a Pirates game and the Warhol museum, for example. 

• Like 2

Share this comment

Nice!  I just wasn't sure how it all went, I'd love to make the most of it and meet some people and have some fun, just gotta make sure I keep things in budget.  Is there, or will there be a certain hotel everyone stays at or anything?  I know there's a lot of sketchy areas in Newark so want to make sure I don't book the wrong place 🤣

Share this comment

Howdy,

2 hours ago, xstartxtodayx said:

Nice!  I just wasn't sure how it all went, I'd love to make the most of it and meet some people and have some fun, just gotta make sure I keep things in budget.  Is there, or will there be a certain hotel everyone stays at or anything?  I know there's a lot of sketchy areas in Newark so want to make sure I don't book the wrong place 🤣

Yeah, typically all the out-of-towners end up at the same hotel and usually Friday's get together is there.  Not a 'requirement' to stay there or anything, but it makes it easier.  JR negotiates a block of rooms rate.  IIRC I think NJ is $200/night?  I'm guessing you could probably find a buddy to share a room with but ??  I usually have my family with me and I'm one of those folks that likes to escape off to be by themselves at times so I've never tried to get a roomie.  🙂

Mark

• Like 1

Share this comment