Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
  • 12th Annual MSH SummerJam

JR Boucicaut

SummerJam2020.jpg

The 12th Annual MSH SummerJam will be held at the RWJBarnabas Health Hockey House at the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ on August 1, 2020.

This will be the third time that we host SummerJam here and they have been excellent, well-attended events. 

The registration page will be available shortly.  If you have interest in attending, please post here to express interest.

Thank you for supporting MSH!  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

To clarify, yes there is an event hotel with a special rate. While it’s not strictly REQUIRED to stay there, you can potentially really jam up JR if you don’t.

• Like 1

Share this comment

There are a number of people who have expressed interest but haven't requested access; you can certainly do that now by clicking on the link I provided.  Registration is now open.

Share this comment

So this is something that has been weighing on me for the past few weeks; part of me feels that we should be okay for an event for Aug 1.  But part of me feels that if I start organizing the event, there's no point of return.

Keep in mind that the ice is booked, and I haven't heard anything from the rink in terms of a cancellation.  The ice bill is not due yet and I haven't paid anything yet.

The pucks and jerseys can be turned around in about a month, so I could essentially order the jerseys on July 1.  The money would be due then.

But if people aren't signing up due to the fact that they're not sure if the event is going to happen, it makes it difficult to get everything set up because the money isn't there to move forward.  

The question that I am asking is; is there still interest in the event if it's still a possibility to hold it?  

Share this comment

Howdy,

I really hope that we're all playing hockey before August 1st.  And I'm for sure still wanting to come to SummerJam, assuming its going to happen, as long as I'm not putting myself or others at risk.

At this point, I think it almost has to be a wait and see attitude though?  Particularly for folks in the NYC area.  If I were you, I'd put a line in the "date sand" out there (like maybe a week before the earliest "money has to be spent / stuff ordered" date?) and then essentially forget about it and concentrate on home life.

Mark

Share this comment

Howdy,

Also... If this is causing you stress and you want to just have it be done with... I don't think anyone would fault you for deciding that skip SummerJam this year.  These are pretty wild and unprecedented days.  If the Olympics can be cancelled / postponed a year... 🙂

Mark

Share this comment

I do think people are holding off on committing right now due to everything that's going on.  My opinion is to be patient and wait things out a bit.  For me I am hopeful it will occur and I'm looking forward to it.  I do think that there is a decent chance of us being ok.

What would be helpful is if members would indicate their interest and just say "If everything clears up, yeah I'm going."  Truth is its all refundable so no risk if you are driving.

• Like 2

Share this comment

I'm currently in protracted discussions with my agent regarding my retirement from hockey 🤣.  That being said if things are back to some sense of normalcy I'd be in for SummerJam!  I say let this ride for a bit longer unless it's stressing you out, in which case no one will fault you for cancelling the event for 2020.  

• Like 3

Share this comment

Yea, I'm in the "wait and see" mode. Things have been shut down here in the Philadelphia area so I can only imagine how things are up I-95. Will look forward to things getting back to "normal" especially for those of you in the Greater NYC area! And when that time comes, I'd like to be considered for SJ2020.

Share this comment