Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jukeboxhero

nexed stingers and boot durability

hey everyone,

noticed the nexed stingers for $99 at hockeygiant.com, and im in need for new skates.

my previous 2 have been variatons of the Easton Big Wheel series. The current boot is an F5 airvent or something, with the easton big wheel chassis. I really liked the skates, but i play on tennis courts alot, and the boots have really worn down. Apparently when i turn and stop, my boot slides against the court a bit, and the sides have worn down alot. (yeah..i gotta start changin the way i skate) The chassis is also starting to deteriorate quite a bit.

Anyway, i was wondering how durable the boot is, especially on the exterior, and the skates in general.

Also, my shoe size is normally 11.5, would a size 10.5 be a good choice?

thanks a bunch.

yes to the size..that's what I wear 11- 12 in shoes, and 10.5 was my size in Stingers....not many skates/chassis will stand up to sliding on asphalt, but those are originally $350.00 skates...pretty good boot.

If you are playing outdoors on rough surfaces you may want to look at something like the Gear skates, as they have the heavy outersole that wraps up the side of the boot, much like the old Eastons. Pretty much any boot is going to get ripped up doing what you are doing on them, but the old Eastons and the Gears may get a bit more life than anything else.

thanks for the help.

im probably gonna be playin an indoor league again over the summer (finally, havent played indoors in over 2 years), so i think ill stick with the nexed stingers. Im gonna get some new wheels probably for my eastons, and skate on those outdoors until my socks start showin out the sides.

my brother got the gear stubbies a while back, they looked nice, but they seemed very heavy and wide

thanks again.