Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

this guy

Your Razor

I have a stupid combination of a hairy baby face.

I've learned to shave in the shower with a disposible Shick and soap. I like soap more because instead of being thick and foamy its light and the film coats your face much better.

Remember the Seinfeld "Butter shave"??

Hattrick, try aloe gel. I used it for years. Or Nivea sensitive Balm. Stuff is fantastic.

I only use the shick quarto. Disposable razors just cut my face up to bad. Most of the time i usually just shave by face without anything. If i have time i will use some soap.

Mach 3...Gillette Foamy w/ Aloe. (Van Dyke btw)

I have very thick, course facial hair that grows fairly quickly. I should shave every day (or at least every other) but I usually don't. Once a week (unless I have an "occasion" to attend).

I hate those commercials were the guy does the one quick run across his cheek and his baby-ass smooth. Crap! Never happened to me that way!!!!!

btw...I started this post before I read the link.

Mach3 with cryo blades and no cream because I'm a hardass. Can't do it in the shower because I'm a mess :P I have a little mole under my nose and the first time I tried to shave in the shower I half cut it off and bled like a stuck pig.

Those cryo blades really do last longer, and it's actually cheaper for me to buy them than the normal ones in store. A pack of 4 of them will last me and my Dad over a year, last time I changed one was when I started school in september and it still shaves well enough without cream for me to not destroy my face.

mach 3 disposable with neutragena razor defense shaving creme unscented and the aforemetioned nivea aftershave balm. I've tried the clinique stuff so the wife could get the free gift but its too expensive and not that much better than the neutragena stuff. I can't use those crappy disposables cause they cut me up fierce. I need a swivel head and spring mounted blades. In a pinch I've used a bic and it looks like I'm in jr high trying to shave, its not pretty. I used the use the gillette sensor on my head with the cheapest shaving creme I could buy since I went through it so quickly. Now I skip the razor and just go tight with the clippers much easier.

I use a Mach 3 with gillete sensitive skin foam. I've read that the most important thing for a blade shave is good wetting of the skin rather than the blade itself, so I shave after I shower, and let the shaving cream sit a while. Seems to work a bit better that way for me anyway. I'd love to save time and shave in the shower, but it would make a mess of my goatee!

Been going back...waaay back.

Using a Gillette double-edge safety razor, circa 1947. Given to my dad from my maternal grandfather, Dad never used it.

That, a shaving brush and imported shaving cream in a tub = good times. It's super close and just fun to do.

Way back on the razor, or the thread? ;)

Gillette Fusion Power...Gillette shaving gel/aftershave as well. I like Gillette obviously.

Been going back...waaay back.

Using a Gillette double-edge safety razor, circa 1947. Given to my dad from my maternal grandfather, Dad never used it.

That, a shaving brush and imported shaving cream in a tub = good times. It's super close and just fun to do.

To complete the "way back" experience...you should listen to some Laurel & Hardy...maybe Glen Miller while you shave...I think would have been contemporary in '47

Like JR, I shave my head and face too. On my head I use a HeadBlade Sport razor with Gillette Sensor 3 blades. Anybody that shaves their head owes it to themself to try the HeadBlade. On my face I use a Gillette M3 Power. I've tried a bunch of different shave creams but have settled on the HeadBlade Head Slick. It works great with a brush (which I recommend using) or can be lathered up with your hands. For after shave, I use Clinique Post-Shave Soother Anti-Blemish Control gel on my face and head.

http://www.headblade.com/index.html

Mike

ive been using gilette fusion blades with aveeno ultra calming shave gel. for after i shave i use a 50/50 water/alcohol mix with a cotton ball on my neck, then a little lab series for men. i think im going to check out to kryo. blades, just picked one of these up too, kind of reminds me of JRs new set up:

http://www.theartofshaving.com/shop/product/50001/8

I use Aveeno Therapeutic shave gel with a Gillete Fusion. Ive tried tons of different electric razors, and they just tear me up. I get crazy razor burn a lot, my facial skin is super sensitive.

fusion blades with art of shaving "spot-on" handle. amenity pre shave cleanser, shave cream and after have moisturizer. i also use mineral water to shave. big time sensitive skin here. because of this, i shave 1-2 times a week, although i get a "5 o'clock shadow at noon", as my friends say.

I feel like a dork, but here goes.

Has anyone tried one of those blade shavers (from the infomercial)? If so, do they actually work/prolong the life of your cartridges?

No shave gel or foam for me.

Anyone ever use American Crew Shave Oil? My boy turned me onto it 4 years ago, i couldn't find anything that didn't give me crazy razor burn or dryness (i have really sensitive skin). Put like 6 drops in my hands, apply all over, then Mach 3 Turbo. Got it nice and close without the whole burn and bleeding of Grade 7. Though i've just tried the Fusion, and it's a little closer for me personally.

And yes, to all the boys that have no issues using the ladies' disposibles. Those get soooooo close it's unreal. You really want to impress your lady, use one of those before a nice evening out. Keep those whiskers in check, she'll appreciate it that much more. Your like your women nice and smooth, women want you the same way. Women hate you hairy bastards! LOL

Phil

phillips electric razor (3 head kind)

nivea sensitive face wash

nivea sensitive shave cream

nivea sensitive aftershave cream

body shop hemp sensitive aftershave cream

i too got the worst razor burn on my neck when using a fusion razor. was iffy about the switch but loved it. close shave, no razor burn!