Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aussie Joe

which skates are closest?

Howdy all. Im currently on in the market for some new skates but Im not sure what to do. Im using a pair of Vapor T4's with a Labeda Da Bomb Hi Lo frame attached. What would be the closest thing to these skates I could get. I have ruled out getting a pair of the new megas as I cannot stand them. Should I buy a pair of Hi Ho Silvers? Or possibly a pair of Vapor XX's and change the frames over?

It's all personal preference. As for the performance, I would go with the Vapor XX mounted on your Labeda Da Bomb Frame. Two of my teammates are using the same frame right now, and they really liked the durability of them (they had them for more than 5 years now).

Do you have the Blueish our the greyish colored frame?

Bottom line: Buy the skates in which you're feeling the most confortable and ditch the frame to put the Da Bomb frame on it (Unless they're dead...)

The Hi Ho's have a great reputation for comfort....and they are extremely light..although I am sure there are skates (like the Vapors) which may be even lighter...but there's been a lot of comfort issues mentioned with the vapor XX's on different forums.