Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
mack

Easton Stealth

Easton Stealth *Pro Model*/ Morris pattern

User - 6'5" 180lbs, all man.

Blade - Easton has at least brought back its Z-Tac coating they used in ‘02 on their retail Synergys for this stick. This was always the most durable of the Synergys and they haven’t lost anything since they last used it. I’m hoping they use this on the retail models because this would add to their durability exponentially. 9/10

Flex - This is roughly a 105 in Easton’s scale and I prefer at least a 110. 8/10

(personal preference)

Stickhandling/receiving passes - Based on feel alone this is a great stick, but it took a bit to get used to because the blade’s shorter than the blades I prefer. Compared to the Si-Cores I’ve tried the feel is right up there with them, but still not as good as Inno’s feel on their blades. The blade is stiff enough to hold of lag but offers a dampened feel without compromising responsiveness. Receiving passes did not take any time to get used to and felt comparable to an XN10 in terms of feel. 8/10

Shooting - Absolutely sick with this stick. Due to its weight/balance the stick felt like a whiffle-ball bat and I could open up on slapshots without fear of having it torque open. Using a whippier flex than I am used to I feared there would be some lag, but shots did not suffer. Wrist shots were better from my experiences with other Synergys of comparable flex. 9.5/10

Weight and balance - 3 months ago I would have said the XN10 had the best balance on the market but Easton has actually stepped up with something here. As stated before, this stick is an absolute feather when dangling it around and has no feeling of being blade-heavy or top-heavy at all. The only thing I would take points off about it is because it seems too light, but that can’t take away from how well-balanced it is. 10/10

Durability - After 9 ice times no visible wear or tear other than a small blem that was on the stick when I received it. 10/10

Intangibles - The shaft has a concave feel to it which is an improvement in my eyes from the boxy feel the Synergys have had. The shaft feels thinner but that may be a mental result from the concave shaft. My stick had some tape residue on it for grip that I did not remove, but the parts that did not have it had a nice feel to it. The one thing that sticks out in terms of new production is how the shaft bows out near the taper. Rather than going straight into a taper, the hosel becomes a bit fatter and then continues into a normal taper. I won’t wax engineer and try to explain this, but I thought it was of interest. 9/10

The moral of the story is I love this stick and that’s something to say because Easton’s ‘03 line really turned me off to their products and I was skeptical about this product. Couple that with the rumours of pros going thru Stealth after Stealth and I had my doubts about it. After using it though I can’t say I buy into Easton’s hype but they have definitely put out a product worthy of the praise the XN10 has been receiving. Again, bear in mind this is a pro model and I am not sure of what differences that will have with the retail models.

Overall - 9.5/10

Easton Stealth Pro Stock Gaborik.

Background: 5'8 165 pounds, centre.

Blade- The blade has the z-tac coating on it, which is more durable. The blade has a lot of feel to it, and is super nice. The blade is a bit stiffer than the si-core blade too.9.5/10

Flex- The gaborik is probably a 85 or just a tad stiffer. I prefer a 95-100, but I can't tell the difference so its no big deal.9/10

Stickhandling/Recieving passes- This stick has a lot of feel and is just like the si-core for recieving passes.9.5/10

Shooting- Wow, when it comes to shooting this is the stick you want. The puck just flys off the blade, and you can put it where ever you want. I feel my shot comes off faster, and is harder.9.5/10

Weight/Balance- When I got the xn10 I thought it was amazingly light and well balanced. I thought the stealth would be exactly the same, well it's lighter and even better balanced.10/10

Durability- I have used this stick for several games,practices, and scrimmages and it is still in the same condition as how I got it, except for a couple scratches on the shaft from slashes and such. So far it seems to have great durability.10/10

Intangibles- The shaft has the concave feel to it, which I like a lot.10/10

Overall- The stick is just amazing. In my opinion it is definatly worth the money. When the stealths hit retail, I plan on buying a couple.

OverallRating-9.5/10

Easton Stealth Pro Stock Derek Morris.

Background: 6 2" , 190 lbs Defensemen.

Blade- Real Stiff, but no difference receiving passes or shooting with, then with any other high end composite blade. on a personal note, Morris's curve is a little more open at the toe then i'm used too. had to adjust to it, to get some of my shots down. 8/10

Flex- i'm guessing its a 110 which is perfect for me since i like a stiffer stick. 9/10

Stickhandling/Recieving passes- No big improvement over any other composite blade. 8/10

Shooting- this is where the Stealth excels. don't know how or why it makes my shot better but i know it does. my slapshots are a bit heavier and faster then with other sticks i've used. wristshots are minimally better but my snap shot definitely does seem to have a quicker release. No lag at all when shooting any shot, making it alot easier to be more accurate. 10/10

Weight/Balance- lightest stick i've ever used. a real toss up between this and the XN10 for the best balanced stick. feels absolutely great in doing everything and anything on the ice. 9.5/10

Durability- used for 4 games and like 10 practices. there's a chip on the toe but overall haven't had a concern. 8/10

Overall- Best Stick i've ever used. an absolutely amazing overall feel and definitely impoves shot accuracy and speed. (i know its not a magic wand but i would imagine it added around 3 to 4 MPH on my shot and given me a quicker release "no lag") 9.5/10

OverallRating-9.5/10

Easton Stealth - Gaborik Pro Stock-WCH04

Background: 6'1" 195 lbs Centerman

Blade Nice pattern, kind of like the Sakic (SUKOR) blade no texture. Thin and responsive very easy to feel the puck's position. (heel mid or toe). Very responsive blade face. Easto to catch crisp to hard passes. 9.5/10

Flex 90 Flex per the spec sheet it arrived with. Great for snap shots! Real Nice for smooth slappers. 9/10

stick handling I actually like the new handle geometry, great control for the toe drag. Fits nicely in my hands. 9/10

Shooting Are you kidding me. Felt great! Even the back hand has zip. Probably the best shooting stick I have tried. (long list)10/10

Weight/Balance Pretty impressive, actually, Thought it might be too light, during play, I feel the weight saving is an advantage. 9.5/10

Durability So far so good! 4 games, 6 kids practices. No knicks or chunks.

9.5/10

Overall I thought the original Snergy was awesome. This stick even better than the original. I don't know if Easton can top this one. 10/10

Easton Stealth-100 flex Modano RH

Background-5'10 160lbs forward

Blade-Stiff but not much different from the synergy blades. Feel compairable to to that of a synergy. I love the modano curve so that took no time to get used to. 8/10

Flex-Seems a little flexier than 100 but thats ok because I normally use an 85. Can be a little decieving if someone is looking for a true 100 flex stick. 8/10

Shooting-I dont know what it is but my shot defintly seems faster with this stick. My slapshot has more speed and my snapshots seem to jump off the blade quicker. Accuracy isn't great but I think thats more from my bad shooting mechanics than the stick. 9/10

Durability-Not too good. Im on the 3rd one in about a month. For being 200 dollars a stick should last longer than a week. The first one snapped in half almost dead center of the shaft and the second one broke about 5 inches lower than the first. 4/10

Weight-Extremely light. It seemed a tad bit blade heavy to me but not anything that is too noticable. I switched back to a regular synergy during practice one day and that felt like a brick. 9/10

Overall-Great shooting stick but a 200$ stick should last longer than a week 7/10

Easton Stealth, 85 flex RH Modano.

Backround. 5'10" 165lbs. OPS used before Stealth. Response +, Response XN10, Response, Response rubber, Vapor XX, Bauer Endure, CCM vector V-120 C, Synergy, Synergy Grip, Synergy Sicore Grip and the list keeps going.

Blade. When I first got the stick and was looking at the blade it was extremley thin, so I thought that it wouldent hold up for long or feel that great. Man was I wrong. First off alot of people it seems think that the stealth doesnt have much feel, IMO it was one of the best feeling sticks I have used to date. Though it took a few skates to get used ot the pattern and lie once I got used to it it felt like i had my own rocket launcher.

Blade 9-10.

Shaft The shaft when i first got it felt a bit to small even coming from an intermediate vapor XX. As with the blade it took a few skates to get fully used to it but now I feel like I can handle the stick a bit better than one with larger dimensions.

Shaft 10-10 (PP, i like smaller shafts.)

Stickhandling/receiving passes Great stickhandling like I said above. I really like the blade for recieving passes. It seems like it cushions passes really well but you can do that with basically any stick/blade.

Stickhandling/receiving passes 10-10

Shooting Stick feels like a rocket launcher as I said above.

Shooting 10-10

Weight and balance Here's were I have a problem. The stick is EXTREMLEY lightweight but is not so well balnced. when i got it i did not have a endplug and it felt really blade heavy. Once I added a endplug and fully cut it off (the height was perfect but balance was lacking) It felt great.

Weight and balance 8-10 for the blade heavyness.

Durability When I bought the stick I did not anticipate it lasting so long. I have had the stick since mid april and it's still the same as a i bought it. The only problem I have is the paint chipping and thats onyl visual no preformance problems from that.

Durability 9-10 for the paint chipping.

Intangibles Great stick other than the hefty price tag. Though even with that i will still have to go get a few more.

Conclusion Great stick, if you have the chance and the means go pick one up I don't think you will be disapointed.

Final grade 9-10. The blade heavy part kind of annoyed me and the paint chipping is slightley annoying.

Product- Easton Stealth Int 65 Flex RH Sakic Curve

Background- 5'4" 115 lbs.

Blade- The blade is pretty stiff on this stick which I like. I think that the feel is amazing on the Stealth, and I was coming from a Si-Core which I loved, but this topped it. I have only used this stick 2 times or so, and I am still adjusting to the pattern, but it feels amazing right now.

10/10

Shaft- The dimensions are smaller, which I love. I was coming from a Junior, and was afraid it might feel way to wide, but it felt great.

10/10

Stickhandling/Recieving Passes- The blade felt a lot harder than the Si-Core of course and stickhandling and recieving passes felt awkward at first, but now I love it.

10/10

Shooting- Of course, its amazing. The puck just jumps off of the stick. My slapshot is so much faster now, and my snapshot is amazing witht his baby.

10/10

Weight/Balance- This stick is pretty light, but that's just because I am coming from a Junior. It feels pretty well balanced. It feels just a little blade heavy, but thats okay.

9/10

Durability- I just bought this stick last night, but it still is fine. Of course there is the ever so popular paint chipping, but hey, what can ya do. I will report back after more use.

10/10 (For right now. Used it twice)

EDIT-I have been using the stick for about a month and a half I think, and it is still amazing. The paint chipping is getting worse, but I don't really care about that.

-EDIT AGAIN-My Stealth just broke after 2 months of use, which is rediculous for a $200 stick. I won't be using Easton sticks for a while now.

Conclusion- If you want to spend $200 on a stick that will last for 2 months than go for this stick. I would highly suggest the TPS Response XN10 instead. Performance IMO is just as good, if not better than the Stealth, and after all, it 50+ $ less expensive.

Overall- 10/10 If you want a strictly performance stick.

If you are looking for a stick to last a while, then don't go for this.

Edited by forsberg91

Product: Easton Stealth Sr Grip - Gaborik curve - 100 flex

Background: 5'11" 210 lbs -- stick used for tier 3-4 ball hockey.

Flex: It was my first time using a OPS so it took a few games to get used to the low kickpoint (I thought my stick was broken the first time I tried to take a one-timer) but after I got used to it, I instantly fell in love. The ball just flies off my stick and it's the best stick I've used for wristers. On a side note: the 100 flex on my Stealth feels more whippy than an 85 on an Easton ultra-lite/z-bubble/etc.

Blade/Curve: The Gaborik is listed os a round toe but mine looks more square than round. The curve is a DEEP mid curve with a closed/slightly open face. I had problems with keeping my shots low and controlled but with this curve, my shots go exactly where I want it to go. It is a deep curve but I have no problems with backhanders (either dumping it out of my zone with a backhand or roofing it on the goalie). It feels great stickhandling because it's so easy to cup the ball.

Shooting: As I said earlier, this stick is great for shooting and the 100 flex seemed just perfect for me.

Weight/Balance: 400g.. nuff said.

Conclusion: I've been using this stick for around 6 months now playing in 30-40 league games and close to 50 recreational games. I take a lot of wristers and occasionally take a slapper. I love this stick and I'd definately buy this stick again. 9.5/10 (-.5 for the blade starting to chip in the toe area after 2-3 months of use -- but I guess that's normal if you're using it on dry arenas and it was easily fixed with some tape in that area)

Easton Stealth 100flx left Modano

User - 6' 170lbs

Blade - So far, the blade has held up really well. I can see where the "liveliness' comes in as it took a little while to get used to it. 9

Flex - Definitely not 100flx, feels like 90-95 or so

Stickhandling/receiving passes - The weight on this thing is ridiculous and its pretty good for puckhandling. Receiving passes is not too bad on this thing, different coming from the si-core. But the thing is too light that when you're trying to cut off passes through the middle, with a decent weighted stick, you can stop the puck, but with this weightless twig, the puck just bounces and keeps on going. - 8.5

Shooting - Absolutely amazing. Phenomenal. Never had a better shooting stick. Wristers and snapshots really take off and the clapper is so money it's not even funny. pure performance stick -10

Weight and balance - The lightest stick I've ever played with. Amazing balance and when you skate, it doesn't even feel like there's anything in your hands. Only difficulty is that when this thing breaks, my other OPS will feel "heavy" in comparison. I picked up my inno 1100 the other day and I got so used to the stealth weight that the inno felt heavy. 9

Durability - so far so good. paint chips off but who cares about how the stick looks? 10/10

Intangibles -I enjoy how the top end of the stick is narrower and it fits in my hands really nicely. The paint job is pretty cool but i really don't care about the stick. In fact, I'd probably rather play with a blacked out stick so that people don't try and hack my stick because it's 3 bills.

Bottom line, this is an amazing stick but its bloody expensive. I got this as a replacement for a broken si-core, so I'm pretty happy but would never pay 3 bills for this stick. I got the si-core for cheap, it broke so overall I didn't invest much. But hey, if you got a ton of money to blow, fire away.

Overall - 9/10

Easton Stealth-100 flex Sakic RH

Background-6' 180lbs defense

Blade-The blade was solid and had great response, however after about 3-4 weeks of playing both forward and defense I noticed severe deterioration of the toe. 9/10

Flex- The flex definitely wasn't 100. I noticed a positive difference in my snap shot, but my slap shot wasn't as consistent as when I used a normal Synergy. 8/10

Shooting- The response of the blade made up for the lack of flex I felt in the stick. I one- timers were better when I used this stick, but my slap shot itslef wasn't as consistent. However, my snap shot was the best its ever been and my passing improved as well. 9/10

Durability- As I said earlier I noticed deterioration on the toe after a few weeks which isn't to bad for me. But on the shaft i noticed a myriad of chips and scratches after two practices. This stick lasted only 1 1/2 months before I needed a new one. 7/10

Weight-This stick is absolutely the lightest stick out there, almost to a fault. I believe its weight contributes to most of the flaws in the stick (ex. lack of flex in the stick). This stick is probably one of the best sticks a forward can buy, but for a defenseman, not as much. 8/10

Overall-This stick is probably much better for a forward than a defenseman. I believe that $200 is probably too much for this stick, but I believe being the lightest stick on the market justifies the price to a degree. 8/10