Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

Innovative 1100 Tapered

Innovative 1100 Tapered

background - 5'9 170

Shaft/Flex- The flex I've been using was 260. I could compare it with a flex rating of around 90. I used the shaft at full lenght w/o the end plug. I've been using the version with polarfibre. Although most people seem to shy away from the polarfibre textured shafts, I have to say I really didn't notice it very much while playing. The texture isn't very "rough", and with the palm of your gloves, the effect is very mild. I would prefer a smooth shaft, but I prefer polarfibre over a tacky grip. 9/10

Stickhandling/Passing- I used only wooden R2 blades in the shaft. The shaft had a fantastic feel, and allowed for full use of the wooden blades. This gave the shaft a great stickhandling aspect. I felt very little vibration when using the shaft. This made receiving passes effortless. All they had to do was hit the blade. 9.5/10

Shooting- I used about 10 OPS before switching to this shaft. The first drastic change I felt was the stickhandling/passing, but shooting wasn't what I had hoped at first. Shots were mainly fluttering and I didn't feel a great kick. It took about 2 or 3 practices to get used to. After that, shots were fairly consistant. However I felt that I needed to put more effort into taking shots then I had to with previous sticks. 7/10

Weight and balance- The shaft really isn't the lightest, with an advertised weight of 315 grams. With a wooden blade, the stick felt blade heavy. At first it bothered me, but I stopped noticing after a couple practices. 7/10

Durability- I used the shaft for just over a month, and besides some scuffs, it is just as solid as the day I got it. It is my 4th 1100 shaft (5th including fused), and I have found that they are all the same in terms of durability. 9.5/10

Intangibles- Receiving passes and stickhandling effortlessly made me continue to use the shaft for so long. However, the reason I went back to a OPS was because it didn't give me a great kick on shots. 8.5/10

Conclusion- The shaft is great. Durable, and feels great. However weight, and shooting wasn't what I had hoped for. Overall I give the shaft an 8/10.

Innovative 1100 Tapered

background - 5'8 180, Roller Only

Shaft/Flex- The flex I had been using was a 260 but for 1100 I wanted something with a bit more whip so I got the 300 flex. My best estimate for its flex would be around 80. I cut the shaft about an inch and half and did not use the end plug at all. The version I had was the version was the acrylic finish. Construction was perfect and it fit a inno tapered blade without needing any tape. 9/10

Stickhandling/Passing- I only used Innovative tapered blades in the shaft. The shaft had good feel when paired with an Inno blade, I think if I had paired it with my one of my custom wood blades it would have been much better. When compared to the XN10 that Im using right now, this combo had a little less feel. While accepting passes, the shaft was very compliant, I naturally give a little when receiving a pass but with this combo I didn’t need to give as much. Passing was always spot on, the extra whip actually got the pucks to my target a little quicker then with my 260 flex 1100. 9/10

Shooting-Before using this shaft I had been using a standard 1100 shaft and Innovative blade combo. The main thing I noticed was the lower kickpoint which caused my shots to be inconsistent until I got used to the shaft. Also with the change in flex I felt like the shaft would have been better as a stick for a forward and at the time I was playing more defense. However, once I got used to the shaft my shots were flying off my stick. Whether it was a slap shot, wrist shot or snap shot, it was coming off my stick in a hurry. 8/10

Weight and balance-The shaft/inno blade combo felt a little lighter then the standard 1100/inno blade combo. Not the lightest combo you can make but still pretty damn light. 8/10

Durability- I had no durability issues with this shaft. Just like every other Inno shaft I’ve used, the thing was a tank. 9.5/10

Conclusion-This is a great shaft. Durable and great feel. Not as light as an XN10 shaft but its not marketed to be. If you can get used to the different kick point you’ll definitely enjoy this shaft. Overall I give the shaft an 8.5/10.

Innovative 1100 Tapered 48†from the Hockey Shop

Background: 6’ 190lbs.

Setup: 1100 Tapered 48â€, 3 “ butt plug, Koho kombo blade shaved to fit taper.

Blades: I can’t use a tapered blade because if I do, I have to use a stupid 6-8 inch butt and that just feels horrible. Besides, I love this blade so I just shaved it to fit.

Shaft/Flex: I bought the 340 flex and have been using it solely for roller hockey. It feels more flexy than my 85 bubble so I’m guessing between 75 and 80. The shaft was not polarfibered, kind of slippery with a slight concave. The edges were not very square nor rounded, so it was a little bit rounded. I loved how this shaft flexed. It looked like it flexed closer to the blade than some of my other shafts and it felt very nice in my hands. 9.5/10

Stick handling / Passing: Honestly, this has the best feel of any of the shafts that I’ve ever used. It’s a different feel than the Z-bubble. Not pingy at all. The passes received were nice and felt like it absorbed the ping very nicely, but the stick handling felt great and I could feel the puck very well. Passing the puck was fine. The feel on this feels better than some of the woods that I’ve used as well. 9/10

Shooting: I picked up this shaft and immediately started shooting rockets off it. I’ve never shot so nicely before. The flex took a little bit of getting used to so accuracy was a bit off to start, but after just a short time, it was just as accurate as before. The rockets don’t seem to be coming as readily as before though…not sure why. Wristers are great and so are my snapshots. The kick on this thing is not crazy (like the RLxn10 that I played with) but is comparable to the bubble. I’m liking the shots that have come with it a lot. (I’ve scored quite a bit more with this shaft than any other that I have used) 8.5/10

Weight and Balance: This shaft is not the lightest out there nor the heaviest. Compared to my Bubble, it’s definitely heavier but feels solid. With my blade, it feels balanced and I think that all the other positives out there weight out the weight of this shaft. Also, as of late, I’m not a big fan of shafts that are too light (ie. RLxn10). 8.5/10

Durability: This thing is a tank!!! I’ve hacked at other guys, and I’ve been hacked at quite a bit and hard. This shaft barely has any paint chips and just little scuffs here and there. I don’t think that the flex has softened up at all, and I feel that it’s just as good as the day that I got it. 9.5/10

Intangibles: I love it…period…

Conclusion: It’s a wicked shaft. Good shots, great feel, and a Tank. Only thing I didn’t like was the slipperiness of the shaft. I’ve rubbed some wax on it and that has helped tremendously. IMHO, it has just the right amount of kick and the perfect weight.

Pros: Very nice flex, Great feel, Super Durable

Cons: Might be heavy for those of you who like super light shafts, Slippery coating, not a great amount of kick.

9/10