Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

Mission M-1 Pro

Mission M-1 Pro

Fit- The M-1 Pro is a bit of tight fitting glove. However, I wouldn't go as far as to saying it's as tight fitting as a Nike glove. The inner lining is very comfortable and soft. The gloves took me litterally 2 skates to break in. I have been using them for at least 6 months and the palms and interior have yet to start crusting. The gloves also never feel wet. Standard split fingers also feel nice. 10/10

Protection- The glove comes with dual and single density foam and plastic inserts throughout the glove. Getting slashed gave minimal impact to my hand. 9.5/10

Weight- Weight isn't a very important quality in a glove for me. However, these gloves are pretty light. About the same weight as my pro-stock nylon franklin 9505s. 9.5/10

Durability- After using the gloves for at least 6 months, the palm and interior are not crusty at all. No plastic inserts have been broken. The leather is only minimally worn and scratched. Great condition for a glove that's been used this much. The only problem is the durability of the palms. I felt them wearing out very quickly. My palms currently have some small holes. Nothing major. 8.5/10

Intangibles- I can safely say this is the one best fitting gloves I've ever had. They're replaced my 9505s, and I think they equal them in fit. Best comfort of any glove I've had. 9.5/10

Conclusion- I can't say enough good things about this glove. With goatskin palms, I couldn't imagine them being better. 9.5/10

Mission M-1 Pro Nylon

Fit- This is a medium fitting glove. Inbetween the Eagle x70 (loose) and the Vapor XXX (tight) 8.5/10

Protection- The glove comes with dual and single density foam and plastic inserts throughout the glove. I haven't had any issues with protection. 9.5/10

Weight- Weight isn't a very important quality in a glove for me. However, these gloves are pretty light. The Nylon makes these vary light and not noticable on your hands 9.5/10

Durability- TBD no complaints after 2 months of usage to this point. 9/10

Intangibles- This is a glove that feels nice everytime I put it on. I had issues with my eagle palms crusting, and the padding inside these M-1's are a dream.

Conclusion- These have been great for me thus far. I would have preferred a little looser fitting, but it isn't really an issue when the inside is so comfortable. The gloves breathe very well and are extremely light. 8.5/10

Mission M-1 Pro

Keep in mind, I am 5'8", 166 lbs.

Fit- I have small hands with not-so-skinny fingers. Putting the gloves on for the first time was like test driving a cadillac, but during regular usage they proved to be looser than I'd like. So much so, that they fell right off of my hands during a scrum one time. A little custom addition of some tape around the fingers fixed that problem though.

They were a fair bit looser than the He550's I had before.

The palms are sweet. No crust, so strech, and not overly hot.

(loose(on me)) 8/10

Protection- Dual denisty foams, plastic inserts; the only things these gloves can't protect me from are internal hand injuries and shame.

9.5/10

Weight- Not a big factor, but I've had much heavier gloves that were much less protective before.

8.5/10

Durability- I've taken these gloves out for outdoor RH. The only noticeable wear on these gloves is on the leather part between the index finger and the thumb where the friction between glove and shaft is. I "candy-stripe" my sticks for that homemade grip on the shaft and that adds to the wear in that area.

(9.5/10)

Intangibles- This is the first pair of gloves that I decided to splurge on and I am not in the least bit in remorse.

Conclusion- Aside from them being loose on me because of my lack of girth on my hands, I would have no complaints and more than one pair. If I didn't have these gloves, I'd be jealous of whoever did.