Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

CCM 852

CCM 852 Tacks

Details: all black, 14", 2003 version

Fit: These gloves have a rgeat all around fit for someone that can't use loosey goosey Eagles but doesn't like the tight-ass fit of Nike Quests. The cuff is nice and giving, with the Flex-Zone portion on the cuff over the forearm bone nearest the thumb, whch helps mobility.

8.5/10 (Completely personal preference)

Breakin: Not as bad as older Eastons I used, but you gotta use these for about a month, give or take depending on how often you play. It took me a month playing 3 days a week for about 5-6 hours total a week. I also would bend the fingers all teh way back and stack something on top of them overnight to work on flexibility. Especilly with how easy it is to breakin TPS or Eagle gloves, this is the worst aspect of these gloves.

5.5/10

Protection: They got plastic inserts along with single-density foams, I think. The only wrist or hand problems I've had were from falling on my left wrist at a bad angle, not their fault... No problems

9.5/10

Durability: I've played all roller on these gloves on smooth cement and sportcourt, ande I slide to block shots nearly every game, so they get dragged all over the place, on teh cement too. Just before the end of teh season did I see a break in the thin leather covering and some slight fraying on the edges. Great.

9.5/10

Weight: Hard for me to judge their weight in relation to others, cuz the last pair of gloves I had were the '01 852's, so it's anybody's guess. The only things I care that much about for weeight are my sticks, so they're fine.

9/10

Palm: These came with the normal clarino palms, though the '03's came with a thinner and less soft clarino than the '01's, which annoyed me. They also took even longer than the gloves themselves to breakin, for them to form to my fingers and palm. They're also screwed now cuz I've played the last few months with a TPS Rubber, so I'm gonna get em repalmed with goat...

7/10

Intangibles: They have a good traditional look, which I dig, with the wrist mobility of anyone except Eagle X50's, which never touched my wrists... they jsut seem to fit my hand great, but the palm jacks with my feel of my stick a bit, part of the reason I'm getting them repalmed and may be related to all my sweating and the slight coat of rubber due to the shaft... They also might not be for you if you play mostly roller and sweat a lot, causing me to need the rubber shaft and subsequently need new palms, so ventilation if a problem, but not for ice...

8/10 (partly my fault...)

Sum Up: I love these gloves, except for their ventilation. I'm toatlly enamored with the fit, though I might try some slightly tighter nylon gloves with no cuff someday (custom HGT's anyone...), but overall, and I'm gonna combine their worth to ice and roller in the same grade, they're good gloves, not the best, but pretty damn good.

8.5/10

Edited by SB39