Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
tuzzifan44

crow holders and runners?

They're actually not too bad. One of the guys on my team has them on his old Salming boots and he hasn't had any problems with them.

They were designed by the same guy that designed the Tuuk I believe. The steel is a little thicker than Tuuk or CCM steel, but seems OK. I think they had some legal trouble with them being too similar to the Tuuks though and changed them to Crew, so these would be closeout models.

Crows or Crews are just fine. George Crow was involved with the initial development of the Tuuk and has been in the hockey business for 40 + years.

I bought a whole bunch of these holders for $4.88, steel and holder combo. I use them for the cheap bastards who don't want to dish out the $$ for a new Tuuk. The steel is fine, better quality than Bauer IMO, and the holders are solid, will last long time. Go for it if the price is less than $1!

Arent those the holders that rebelion hockey uses on their skates?

Ive heard some good things about them, nothing bad about that holder, its pretty durable, and you cant beat the price

Arent those the holders that rebelion hockey uses on their skates?

Ive heard some good things about them, nothing bad about that holder, its pretty durable, and you cant beat the price

The Crews on the Rebellions I tried were pretty bad. Rebellion has a new holder this year that is actually pretty nice. It's like a Cobra or ICM but uses the same type of attachment system as a Tuuk Custom + and will come in white or clear.

Flite also used them. Others too. I actually like the way the tuuk steel mounts sideways like CCM. I hate the Tuuk mounting system.

The new rebellions are vertical like a tuuk but it's exposed.

For those of you who know...

I have some Mission boots that are 7.5.

Hockeygiant has these holders available for size 8.

Will size 8 fit my 7.5's? Is there a size range? Or do they make them exact?

at 1$ dont even expect to last 5 games LOLLL just by looking at the holder i always thought these holder were sh*t

that's a pretty ignorant thing to say cobrAA. equipment doesn't always have to be expensive to be good.

a guy on my team put them on his eastons after his razr blades broke, and he says they're pretty similar to tuuks. for $.88, you might as well try them lol

sorry...i'm no where a expert in tuuk holder and never thought they could be pretty the same...

but hey, what you expect for a holder at 1$??? can't go wrong for sure!

but i would have think about-scam-...anyways dont whant to start a fight about this

There's no scam about them - they're just a discontinued model that hockeygiant want to get rid of. We got a stack of them in when they were about $4 a set to put on skates the same as Jimmy. No problems with them at all. Quality wise they're just as good as any other holder (Tuuk, pro-lite3, whatever), just a different design. I haven't skated on them myself so I can't say what they're most like, but that would be the only issue with them that I could think of.