Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
eighty8

CCM Vector Pro or CCM Pro Tacks?

I have decided on purchasing either a CCM Vector Pro or CCM Pro Tack. Both fit pretty well but can't decide on which one.. price wise they are pretty much the same..As for color, I like the standard black on the Tacks as opposed to the silver on the Vectors but hey if they are a good quality skate then color doesn't matter.. I'm considering all opinions so what is your take on these skates?

Edited by eighty8

vectors wont last as long where the tacks will last longer because theres no break between the plastic on the pro tack where the vector will break down right between those two silver pieces because theres nothing there but that material

Wouldn't you agree, though, that lace bite (in reality) is more of a problem caused by the wearer, not the skate? (because they choose to tie it too tight, denoting an improper fitting skate, or a person who's into pain)

Of course, some skates WILL still offer betteer protection over others, but that wouldn't be something I'd base my choices on....

My two cents is to go with the Tacks if they fit. I think the Vectors still have a couple of kinks to work out.

(Keep in mind that I'm bias as I've been a Tacks guy for years.)

Wouldn't you agree, though, that lace bite (in reality) is more of a problem caused by the wearer, not the skate?  (because they choose to tie it too tight, denoting an improper fitting skate, or a person who's into pain)

Of course, some skates WILL still offer betteer protection over others, but that wouldn't be something I'd base my choices on....

I can't agree when so many people have never had that problem before using Vectors. It's a very common problem with the top couple models, but not with many other brands.

Wouldn't you agree, though, that lace bite (in reality) is more of a problem caused by the wearer, not the skate?  (because they choose to tie it too tight, denoting an improper fitting skate, or a person who's into pain)

I can't agree when so many people have never had that problem before using Vectors. It's a very common problem with the top couple models, but not with many other brands.

Lace bite is just not common with Vectors here. Never had any customer complain of lace bite on a Vector, any Vector, and I sell lots of them. Compared to a high end Bauer, the toungue is much better and does not break down as fast. I don't see what the problem is.

Lace bite is just not common with Vectors here. Never had any customer complain of lace bite on a Vector, any Vector, and I sell lots of them. Compared to a high end Bauer, the toungue is much better and does not break down as fast. I don't see what the problem is.

No lacebite issues for me on my 7.0s.

Go with Pro Tacks, or better yet Pro Tack 04' model.

Thanks everyone for the opinions.. Keep them coming... Is there a big difference between the Pro Tacks 04 model and the 05?

Edited by Gummer12

Even my partner at the shop got lace bite from them and he has been playing for 20+ years and never had the problem before. I never had the problem with any skate but I see a lot of people with that problem. 90% of the time it's a 6.0 or higher Vector, the rest of the time it's a Graf.

Even my partner at the shop got lace bite from them and he has been playing for 20+ years and never had the problem before. I never had the problem with any skate but I see a lot of people with that problem. 90% of the time it's a 6.0 or higher Vector, the rest of the time it's a Graf.

i only ever got lace bite when using skates with plastic inserts in the tongue, or ones with very stiff tongues in general. never had a problem with grafs though.

My two cents is to go with the Tacks if they fit. I think the Vectors still have a couple of kinks to work out.

(Keep in mind that I'm bias as I've been a Tacks guy for years.)

I second that, jj is the (my) tacks man, for sure.

ok let me add that someone is willing to sell me the Vector Pro's for $250 new and in stores I can find the 04 Pro Tacks for $210.... it seems to me that people are favoring the Pro Tacks...