Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Duder84

Equipment Modifications

image0.jpg

That. I did that.

no that is cool ! How do you go about dying your skates ? as an offical I'm suppose to have black skates.. and if I don't get black skates I'dbe interested in doing that!

Do they actually enforce that where you live? I officiate some games when i have the time and i wear white 9k pumps, nobody makes a fuss. I dont know what i would do, i dont have another pair of skates that are actually black.

they do enforce it but... not to the point where if you have a pair of 9K's and their white they're going to make you take it off or anyhing but they remind you that the "protocall" is to have black. This is only during provincial championships (easter tournaments). I would lke to follow it aswell because I really want to go somewhere with oficating and I'd rater just stick to the way things are supposed to be.

image0.jpg

That. I did that.

no that is cool ! How do you go about dying your skates ? as an offical I'm suppose to have black skates.. and if I don't get black skates I'dbe interested in doing that!

Do they actually enforce that where you live? I officiate some games when i have the time and i wear white 9k pumps, nobody makes a fuss. I dont know what i would do, i dont have another pair of skates that are actually black.

they do enforce it but... not to the point where if you have a pair of 9K's and their white they're going to make you take it off or anyhing but they remind you that the "protocall" is to have black. This is only during provincial championships (easter tournaments). I would lke to follow it aswell because I really want to go somewhere with oficating and I'd rater just stick to the way things are supposed to be.

That's when you tell them they can buy you a pair of $500+ skates that fit right for you if they need you to have them in black (or whatever the value of your skates are).

Refs at least as high us as the NCAA don't always stick to that rule because of availability. Skates aren't all black anymore, it's a lot more difficult. Same with tracers in laces. Yeah it's a rule for refs to have plain white ones, but those are impossible to find, even more so if you like waxed laces.

Yeah even at a huge place like Hockey Giant I dont think you can get waxed ref laces; fyi the black skate 'mods' you see here are mostly spray paint with masking tape over certain graphics and the holders.

don't have pictures to show but i recently took a knife to the back the tongues in my xxxx's so i could cut out the plastic pad. feels much better now and gives me great forward flex. i tried to have bauer just not put the pad in at all, because they did that with my xxx's, but they forgot so i figured i would just take matters into my own hands lol.

I'm still waiting to see these painted skates after a few games of wear and tear.

I just use a paint brush and some more paint to touch them up

They look fine

Edited by CTK30

Got these gloves from Drew at the MSH Skate.

Picture021.jpg

I sent them to Mark Brennan of Peaches Pro Repair to trim that cuff down. I believe we probably took 1.5" off of it. Peaches did the pair in a day and flipped them back to me the next day - and it wasn't a favor, that's how he does things. Highly recommended!

arnott1.jpg

arnott2.jpg

arnott3.jpg

We send out all of our glove work to Mark (as well as a few other things). Does a damn fine job, and I see your gloves are no exception. It's great that he's only 3 hours south of where I am.

I sent them to Mark Brennan of Peaches Pro Repair to trim that cuff down. I believe we probably took 1.5" off of it. Peaches did the pair in a day and flipped them back to me the next day - and it wasn't a favor, that's how he does things. Highly recommended!

Peaches pro repair repalmed my Step-brother's eagle gloves and did a great job. I've been waiting for my brother to send me his pics so I could post them. I definitly recommend him as well.

I have the same basic Easton pro stocks and had the cuff trimmed as well. One of my favorite gloves I've ever owned.

Nice Bouce, I was wondering what the other glove was. ;)

That is some gorgeous work. If you sent that to FIBM they'd probably use a belt sander to take the cuff down.

There's some cool pictures of work HockeyRepair.com has done for pro's here. I might have to see about a cuff shortening when I take my gloves in for a re-palm next week.

Does anyone know what kind of palming options he has? I was planning on a premium palm from FIBM (MSH2 again or maybe Nash) but I also amd considering a cuff shortening and if he can do both that'd be a better route for sure. Does he do mail ins?

There's some cool pictures of work HockeyRepair.com has done for pro's here. I might have to see about a cuff shortening when I take my gloves in for a re-palm next week.

Does anyone know what kind of palming options he has? I was planning on a premium palm from FIBM (MSH2 again or maybe Nash) but I also amd considering a cuff shortening and if he can do both that'd be a better route for sure. Does he do mail ins?

Just leather or clarino. The clarino feels amazing, leather is pretty thick, but I'm not picky.

Host them on a photo site of your choice (photobucket, imageshack, etc.) and then post the link to that image surrounded by [-IMG-] [-/IMG-] without the dashes (-). [-IMG-] www.photourl.com [-/IMG-]

Edited by Fourth Line Grind

I cut out the pads, except the thigh, from my ITECH HP 1000 pants to turn it into a shell with extra protection for my girdle. I'd post a picture but I'm sure you get the idea. Made slits to slide out the plastic inserts.

I have the same pads and the same problem. Tried making them snugger by drinking more beer but I will likely try your approach.

Hahahahahahaha!!! OMG I literally almost fell off my chair laughing when I read this!!

I can now contribute to this thread also. I just took the shoulder caps off of my Bauer Classics tonight. now they're PERFECT. :D

Edited by GoWings85