Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lemieux

Eagle Hockey Factory Tour

Hello everyone,

Eagle Hockey had a "Design A Pad Graphic Contest" this past summer and my design was selected! I won custom pads with my graphic design, but to top it all off, Eagle Hockey is flying me to their factory!

I'll be in London Thursday afternoon until Friday afternoon (Nov 10 and 11), and I will get a chance to tour the factory, see what it's like to operate a hockey equipment company, and spend time with Ross and Gus.

I play both as a goalie and as a forward, and I'm equally interested in both lines of hockey equipment. I've followed this board for a long time (even back to the CB days), so I want to "share" this prize with the membership here. I'll bring my camera along and take as many pictures as I'm allowed :D. And since I'll have bunches of time with the big bosses, if anyone has questions for Eagle, post them here and I'll do my best to find some answers!

You can see the winning design at Eagle Hockey's website.

Eagle produced the pad for photo ops:

lemieux1cr.th.jpg

Here's my winning submission:

03eagletalons0ba.th.jpg

Here's an alternative design:

02eaglewings9ci.th.jpg

I KNEW I knew who won that contest...Marz was telling me about it and I was like "That name sounds familiar..."

Good deal. Ross is a good guy, tell him you're with MSH. :)

Great design.

Still prefer the design on Robert Esche of the Flyers' pads, coolest looking things i've ever seen.

Be nice to see some pics from inside the Eagle factory, wouldn't mind seeing some shots from China either... *cough* Justin *cough* B)

I like the design. Is that supposed to be an eagle in profile. If you look at it real close, the bottom design looks like wings, while the top looks like the eagle's head.

Edit: Whoops- that's what it looks like to me in your alternate pattern.

Very cool.  Do you have a explanation of the design or is it just something that popped into your mind?

Thanks for the compliments, everyone! I kept toying with the idea in my head. I was inspired by the Brians' DX2 graphic, which is very striking. I wanted to design something with an eagle RIGHT IN YOUR FACE. So I went with a bold Eagle head (there's only one...look carefully...). That was the base motif. I tried to create the effect of a bird popping out of the pad. That's where the "talons" and "wings" part come into play in the lower half of the pad.

If you're still wondering about the eagle head, the top upper strokes are the eyes, and the larger and overlapping strokes are the beak. The eagle is screaming, so there is an upper beak and a lower beak.

Very cool.  Do you have a explanation of the design or is it just something that popped into your mind?

Thanks for the compliments, everyone! I kept toying with the idea in my head. I was inspired by the Brians' DX2 graphic, which is very striking. I wanted to design something with an eagle RIGHT IN YOUR FACE. So I went with a bold Eagle head (there's only one...look carefully...). That was the base motif. I tried to create the effect of a bird popping out of the pad. That's where the "talons" and "wings" part come into play in the lower half of the pad.

If you're still wondering about the eagle head, the top upper strokes are the eyes, and the larger and overlapping strokes are the beak. The eagle is screaming, so there is an upper beak and a lower beak.

Ahhhh....now I see it. Nice!

When you're there, make sure to ask them why their custom gloves take an eternity to produce!

;)

I know you will see a HUGE change for 2006.

They need it.

They need it.

And so do many other companies Chadd (i.e. Jimmy's situation with RbK). Jump on their "bandwagon" while you're at it. You've beat on Eagle all year like a dead horse. I don't think you beat on TPS as hard when they wouldn't return your phone calls.

I thought I did complain about the old TPS management, maybe I only did that to certain individuals. The new management at TPS has been very good to deal with and I have a new rep who I have had very good experience with in the past. If, for some reason, the new management is unable to provide the service level I expect, I'm sure that I will complain about that too.

For a premium price like Eagle charges I expect premium product and above average support. I don't feel that they have provided that to me as a dealer over the last year. Lately they have been very open and honest about their inability to provide items that were on our booking order. The problem is that we relied upon them to provide the items and were never informed of the issues. Around 10% of my non-glove items actually arrived this year. I guess I should be happy considering I got my July shipment of import gloves last week. I'm sorry if my complaints about the company you rep offend you.

If RBK was one of my vendors I'm sure I would be complaining as loudly as anyone about their issues. In reality, it helps my business as my nearest competitor stocks mostly THC product.