Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

khockey#3

Tuuk lightspeed 1 v. 2s

Saw on ebay these 8090s had them on there but no other website has them. Are they custom cause the bauer website doesnt show the 8090s of 05 to have them. Are the second batch stronger or lighter then the first.

I know for sure that the new version (on the One90) the steel is longer then the first version, longer=more push and speed.

I think I remember hearing that the LS1 used Italian steel or something, and that it was weaker. So in the LS2 they went with better German steel and it's much stronger.

Sounds funny, I know, but that's what I heard.

I think they're both crap... but that's just me. Tuuk Custom Plus is a better, stronger and more reliable holder. Explains why it's hands down the number one holder in the NHL.

The rink I play my league game has very bad ice. I found that I have way tougher time to skate than I am in other rink. Will the holder type factor in in these situation?

I'm using LS1 (with regular steel) now, first time I use it, I used ccm before. so I have no idea how tuuk custom+ is.

thx

I know for sure that the new version (on the One90) the steel is longer then the first version, longer=more push and speed.

yeah only downside is that the holder on the on90 the runner on that skate wont fit into the holder on an XXX. So theres three different types of runners that retailers have to order this year.tuuk custom plus,light speed and the lightspeed thats on the on90

III gotcha now. As long as the boot is the same. I just wish we had a decent hockey shop around here. The only LHS around is play it again and they are big big roller hockey shop not big ice for my area. They only have all low line vapors and all mission thats it. Its all mail order or internet for me

Yep, just the XXX is made in Canada.

oooooo didn't know that so much of bauer's stuff is no longer made in Canada :(

I think even my old supreme silver's say made in Canada on the box...I assumed everything still was. Kind of sad to hear but I guess it real cuts down on manufacturing and processing costs and what not

does it really make a difference where it's made anymore? i guess for the mismounted holders and stuff, it makes sense, but the boots seem top notch, there's a bit of crooked stiching on my tongue, (just a tiny curve where it should be straight) but everything else including hte eyelets have been perfect.