Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DekeHead

Repalming gloves

hey folk

Just wondering if you guys know any hockey stores around Vancouver that repalms gloves

or any good websites that I should go to.

See the below quote.

There's some place/guy named Peaches that does equipment repair that a lot of the guys here like. I was actually thinking of using him myself since my Warrior gloves developed all kinds of holes/tears within the first 3 games of using them.

http://www.peachesprorepair.com/

Peaches is down in Portland.

There's some place/guy named Peaches that does equipment repair that a lot of the guys here like. I was actually thinking of using him myself since my Warrior gloves developed all kinds of holes/tears within the first 3 games of using them.

http://www.peachesprorepair.com/

Hopefully you want a nash palm, I was less than impressed when I contacted him.

hey folk

Just wondering if you guys know any hockey stores around Vancouver that repalms gloves

or any good websites that I should go to.

Cyclones on Oak/49 or The Hockey Shop in Surrey.

What warrior model do you have and what palm?

I'm a stick whore and don't know much about gloves or palms, but they're the Dolomite model from 09 with the Nash palms. Warrior attempted to make a glove that felt broken in already through the use of a very flexible padding design and soft/thin palm material. While the glove itself is wonderfully comfortable, protective, and gives great range of motion..... the palm may as well have been made from wet toilet paper, because that's about how easily my fingers went through it. Within the first three games, two fingers on my right hand went through either the palm itself or the side material that joins the glove to the palm. I tried to ignore it, but within the next 10 games, my left (top) hand had rips in the side seams, thumbs/fingers coming through, and the right glove had 3-4 fingers coming through. And it isn't just a simple clean rip. It looks all wispy and stringy, like the palm was made from a spider web. I've sewed them back together, but the material is so thin and soft that the seams rip right through the very next game.

I want to have them repalmed, but I don't have the money. I've since gone back to using my Z-Airs from 2003ish. The top hand in those has a hole from the knob of my stick, but it took 5 years to get that way and the lower hand is still just fine.

If you don't mind mailing your gloves out there's a long thread that talks about different places: http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php?/topic/16335-repalming-gloves/

I got my gloves back from George's Hockey Repair a few weeks ago (had them repalmed with MSH2) and I was very happy with them, both with the quality of the work and the customer service.

Shocking :facepalm:

I asked if he did a specific palm, he said he could but I should use nash. I asked if there would be an upcharge for the palm I wanted and never got a response.

Anyone know turnaround time on replacing gussets and palms? Fix it by mail, has had my gloves for weeks..And I sent the palms and gussets to them to put on.......Thanks

Anyone know turnaround time on replacing gussets and palms? Fix it by mail, has had my gloves for weeks..And I sent the palms and gussets to them to put on.......Thanks

the last pair of gloves I sent to George's was back to me within a week. of course, that was in the early summer when they weren't that busy....

I just got mine back from FIBM. I'd say it took around a week and a half which was a little longer than I had expected it to take, but they really did a great job. Overall I'm really satisfied with their work.

Anyone want to post some pics of the quality of the work done at the different shops? That way people (including myself) have a better idea of which shop to choose when we need a repalming.

DevilsFan - those came out really clean looking, that's mainly what Im worried about cause some pics I've seen look pretty sloppy.

Shayno - No good amigo, hope they get back to you soon.

Thanks you guys for posting!

Everyone else - would love to see some work done by peaches if anyone has a pair. I'm sending some gloves out this week so any input would be awesome!

Did you have them do the mesh gussets too or was they like that?

I need to have my One75's touched up, wish I would have remembered to get out there on Saturday.

^^^Look really nice number21

Talked to Mark (@ peaches) today and man, this is probably one of the nicest people I've ever dealt with in hockey. He talked to me about hockey, gloves, and repairs for 20mins and you can tell he's really deserves the great reputation he has. Will be sure to post the pics of my new palms when they get back in a week or so. Cant WAIT!

I'd post up pics of mine, but I left my SD card back at home. I'll probably get a new one this week and will post pics then. Question though: Does MSH2 have to have the Eagle logo on it? Every picture that I've seen of it, the logos are there, but mine are supposedly MSH2 but there's no Eagle logo to be seen.

Did you have them do the mesh gussets too or was they like that?

I need to have my One75's touched up, wish I would have remembered to get out there on Saturday.

The mesh gussets were already there.

Still no gloves......so i have called FIBM, "no worries we will send them out on monday"(last monday) was what I was told? I emailed them 3 days ago, and no reply.......man I wish I would of went with Peaches!!! I love these gloves, and on the website it says "lightning fast return"......This is rediculous!!! Told them in the e-mail...I just want them back!!!! Any idea's what I should do? Anyone?

Thanks

Shayno