Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2006 Mission Catalogue

The VDS are the real deal...for someone who is a wood user through and through, I was pleasantly surprised with this blade. I have three blades, a Wickenheiser (Lindros pro) and two Darbys...the Darbys were too long so I experimented with one and cut off the toe...bam...my custom curve. I believe mine was based on that blade when I got it. My curve has a weird toe so I think John McIntyre did the same thing to it.

Best feeling comp blade I've used.

how does vibration dampening increase feel? if your stick didn't vibrate when you touched the puck then nothing would travel up the shaft of the stick to let your hands know you were touching something.

Because if the blade is too hard, the puck bounces off of the blade.

As far as vibration is concerned, I would get tennis elbow when I used certain sticks...the worst case was XN10. The stick was too pingy, shooting up to my elbow and shoulders.

Haven't experienced this with VDS.

It's kind of funny that Jordan Leopold has two Mission Patterns bearing his name yet he uses a Reebok Stick.

I think he just recently switched because I saw the Flames beat the Wings earlier in the season and he was decked out in Mission stuff. But you're right...he's definately using RBK currently.

He still wears Mission gear but he uses a Reebok 2 piece stick.

Damn, they changed the Intermediate flex, like everyone else. I loved Mission's 75 flex...

On the other hand, very nice looking stuff, can't wait!

Fuel protective is nice but the plastic on the biceps (shoulder pads) looks a little goofy to me.

I like the look of the new shoulder pads.......kind of "Nike" like.

I like the look of the new shoulder pads.......kind of "Nike" like.

That's what I thought when looking at the pics of the shoulder pads - that they look VERY similar to the Nike V-10s I have.

I'm considering making the switch from CCM 852's to the AG's. I'm currently wearing a 7.5 E/B CCM. I Wear a 9 street shoe. How does the sizing run in the Missions? Thanks.

You're going to have to try them on the Fuels do not fit like the S or L series.

I'm confused - which skates are the top of the line (i.e. most expensive) Mission ice skates this year? The 110AG of the 110XP? I realize they have different fits, but is one considered a better skate than the other in terms of quality? The 110XP's synopsis says "Want all the specs that the pros demand? Fuel 110Xp is your skate" so I would assume that the 110XP is the higher end model.

Anyone know for sure?

I'm confused - which skates are the top of the line (i.e. most expensive) Mission ice skates this year? The 110AG of the 110XP? I realize they have different fits, but is one considered a better skate than the other in terms of quality? The 110XP's synopsis says "Want all the specs that the pros demand? Fuel 110Xp is your skate" so I would assume that the 110XP is the higher end model.

Anyone know for sure?

They are still two different lines, like Vectors and Tacks and the 110 is the top of each line. The S series became the AG and the L series became the XP.