Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
killthepoodle

8090 Heel Pain

I've had these 8090's for a few months now and am getting pain in my right heel. I havent had a blister yet, but it is probably coming....mostly it's just painful. When feeling my two boots it almost feels like there is no padding in the right heel, while the left has some. Anyone else experienced anything like this? What are the usual causes of heel pain? Thanks!

Edited by killthepoodle

I'm noticing the same pain with my Mission 9500 Rollers...inside part of my heal, very painful, goes numb after awhile. But the pain radiates to other parts of my foot and I can't have them on anymore.

I have noticed with every pair of bauer skates I have bought, I have had some type of "pain" durning the break in. Heel,arch...Even the pair I have now my left ankle/heel was killing me and went away after 5-6 ice hours.

i am having the exact problem in my left skate! Apprently it's a bit loose for me at that area, so I think I could elimiate the problem with a pair of thicker socks!! (I used to wear very thin socks, but the skate is just a bit too big for me, and that forces me to use a shockdoctor footbed to reduce the room inside the skate, and now use a slightly thicker socks to make it tigher!) So I think if you maybe having the sample problem, you may try changing your socks!

And the heel pain continues in the right foot......kind of at about the 5 o'clock position on the right heel.......is it time to look at stretching (punching?) out the heel?

Sounds like it ,just take it to somebody you can trust. they mess up the heel your screwed.

Had same problem with 703's (they are super narrow in a heel).

So in this order i tried:

1. Used thinner sock. (ehh.. not that much better)

2. Baked them again, and 'worked' the heel in. (helped a bunch)

3. tried thinner footbed from vector skates. (lowered the heel by about 1.5 mm, heleped some more.

4. Had them punched where those side heel spurs are, on one side only (PERFECT).

Hope that works for ya.

I have callouses at the back of my heel now that I didn't have when I used my old Mega 10-90s.

On the other hand, if I'm not wearing a long enough sock, the top of the 8090 boot chafes a line in the skin above my ankle on the outside. Anybody else have this problem?

I am having THE exact same problem as you. bump in the heel, 5'oclock position. That is because your heel is positioned too low that it the area that needs to be padded isn't covered. If you can find a way to put heel lifts inside your skates they should feel MUCH MUCH better.