Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Geeno_56

Guitar stuff or what ever you play

DSC01632.jpg

ENGL savage 60 & 120 with a 4x12 loaded with v30s. Digitech 2101 in the effects loop

guitars.jpg

I'm quite fond of the prestige RGs and how well they play. I have a 6 string (RG2620) and a 7 string on a baritone scale (RG1077XL).

And the little parlor guitar that I travel with.

Edited by pby

guitars.jpg

I'm quite fond of the prestige RGs and how well they play. I have a 6 string (RG2620) and a 7 string on a baritone scale (RG1077XL).

And the little parlor guitar that I travel with.

how do you like the parker? I've never been a fond person of parker fly's they have great feel but the way i played a super light guitar just felt like it would break too easily.

i love the work you did, how do you like the sound now that its a "hollow body" guitar? does it give you a lot of feedback or did you get over that with how good you sealed the hollow? and i love the modification to the lower cutaway, i cant stand how most guitars especially if you have fat hands just block you from the fret closest to the rythm humbucker. i absolutely love the neck you put on, i'm a little jealous of how great it looks, and now i wonder how amazing it sounds or something are you using dimarzios? and what models?

i love the work you did, how do you like the sound now that its a "hollow body" guitar? does it give you a lot of feedback or did you get over that with how good you sealed the hollow? and i love the modification to the lower cutaway, i cant stand how most guitars especially if you have fat hands just block you from the fret closest to the rythm humbucker. i absolutely love the neck you put on, i'm a little jealous of how great it looks, and now i wonder how amazing it sounds or something are you using dimarzios? and what models?

Hey thanks! The chamber is only the size of the middle pickup cavity so it has a negligeable effect on the sound. I didn't do it for sound purposes but only to make it a 2-pickup guitar.

USA Custom Guitars make great necks. I just asked for quartersawn maple and actually got a bit of flame in the grain as a bonus.

It has a DiMarzio FRED at the bridge and a DiMarzio Humbucker From Hell at the neck. I switch between both pickups in this

. It was played through a Digitech GSP1101, recorded direct to computer. Edited by Larry54

Hey thanks! The chamber is only the size of the middle pickup cavity so it has a negligeable effect on the sound. I didn't do it for sound purposes but only to make it a 2-pickup guitar.

USA Custom Guitars make great necks. I just asked for quartersawn maple and actually got a bit of flame in the grain as a bonus.

It has a DiMarzio FRED at the bridge and a DiMarzio Humbucker From Hell at the neck. I switch between both pickups in this

. It was played through a Digitech GSP1101, recorded direct to computer.

Thats great to hear! I've done repairs and modifications some have gone good some ended terribly. I'll have to wait to very home and listen to the video. I love dimarzio pickups great sound but i'm still hooked on my invader from SD great sound on tubes. I do agree about their necks and they do solid work. I've ordered from a different catalogue and wasn't happpy with the quality

Edited by Thinkingjack

DSC00403.jpg

Mexi P-Bass that I turned into a string thru and put a Quarter Pounder in. nice and punchy and sounds great with flatwounds.

Hamer Cruise that I put active EMG's in.

Modulus Flea (now funk unlimited)

Genz Benz GBE 400 through a NEOX cab

old Traynor bass amp that needs some fixing but sounds great

I also have an upright bass that is fun to play.

IMG_3895.jpg

Ibanez RG321 (left) - Cheap entry model but that actually plays pretty well

Ibanez SZ520 (right) - Very nice intermediate level guitar. Plays very nicely, very decent sound from the Duncan designed PU. One of the best guitars I've ever had

IMG_3888.jpg

Vox Valvetronix VT20+ - Entry level modeling amp which sounds surprisingly decent

I've started playing guitar again after a 2-3 year hiatus. It's been the story of my guitar playing life. Started playing guitar when I was 16 or 17 and would sell my gear every 2nd year or so and then buy new equipment every second year or so.

My first guitar was a Samick Strat copy which I traded to my friend for Samick Les Paul copy. My second guitar was Fernandes Revolver 55, my all time favorite guitar. Then I got myself the ultimate Metallica Fan guitar, a Guibson Explorer. That was back in the late 80's early 90's. I then had a Fender Squier, a Ibanez from RG Series, a Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone SG and a Godin Detour, oh and a Cort beat up Flying V.

All my amps have been Peavey amps except for this Vox and a Roland Cube 60 I had the last time around.

All in all I have quite a few years of playing if you add everything but I still suck mainly because I have always pretty much refused to learn theory, scales and such out of pure lazyness and because honnestly I couldn't really care less. I mostly play covers for which I get the tabs of the internet for my Guitar Pro software and learn songs from there. I can play some songs that are intermediate sometimes with a relative ease but will sometimes not be able to play some songs that are utterly easy for some reason. I'm hoping to start learning all my chords and scales this time around. How much of it will actually happen remains to be seen but the intent is there at least. I guess that it's a start lol.

how do you like the parker? I've never been a fond person of parker fly's they have great feel but the way i played a super light guitar just felt like it would break too easily.

Mines a cheap korean parker, not the same as their top of the range fly. However I don't think you would break a fly though, I know a couple of guys who gig with the fly, neither of them had problems with the fly. The only complaint I have with the parkers are how they are shaped. They're not very comfortable when played sitting down. I guess it stops you from slouching! Aside from that I'm pretty sure I'll be upgrading to the Fly, they're just so versatile and playable compared to most other electrics.

The "guitar or hockey" topic brought this old one to mind. I just picked up a new 50's strat at the guitar center "list" sale for $399. It plays pretty well but needs to be tweaked a little. I didn't have room to put the mahogany tele on a stand but that's the only missing guitar that I use. There are some others in the closet that never get out.

guitarsgx0.jpg

Very nice Gold top you have there.

Mines a cheap korean parker, not the same as their top of the range fly. However I don't think you would break a fly though, I know a couple of guys who gig with the fly, neither of them had problems with the fly. The only complaint I have with the parkers are how they are shaped. They're not very comfortable when played sitting down. I guess it stops you from slouching! Aside from that I'm pretty sure I'll be upgrading to the Fly, they're just so versatile and playable compared to most other electrics.

no i dont doubt that they're just so light it threw me off and felt frail because of the weight, i've seen lots of hardcore shows and a few of the guitarists use parker flys they got tossed a lot and reacted better than most top flight guitars, yours still looks good and if its got a good sound better than most i say. i might try one of their cheaper ones out if they have a good sound and can be improved with better pickups i'd be ecstatic about it

Edited by Thinkingjack

Very nice Gold top you have there.

Thanks, I've had that one since about '94, back when it was only 18 years old (and I wasn't much older).

It's a bit disturbing to see how much my collection has grown over the last couple years. I'm finally taking pics for the insurance company, I've been putting that off way too long. The really sad thing is that I have enough parts to put another couple together. I ran out of warm temps last fall and still have to put the clear nitro on the one I was refinishing.

http://modsquadhockey.com/pics/chadd/4-9guitars.jpg

old Traynor bass amp that needs some fixing but sounds great

I have an old Traynor Guitarmate 3 in a closet somewhere. I've been thinking about doing a master volume mod on it to get the old marshall tones. Those things really rock but they're loud as hell.

Here's a pic I took of my stuff when I was packing it all up and moving to a new apt.

guitarsx.jpg

The pic doesn't do the finish on the hollow body justice. That thing is a piece of art.

Just changed my Vox VT20+ for a Marshall AVT50 combo. It's a Hybrid amp with a tube in the Pre-amp. Sounds a lot better than my vox. Much better tone and you don't hear that "digital" sound layerd over your notes when playing which is big bonus.

The AVTs are much better than the original valvestate amps. I melted the power transistors in two rack amps and two 100w heads from the original series.

The AVTs are much better than the original valvestate amps. I melted the power transistors in two rack amps and two 100w heads from the original series.

Valvestate's sucked. Have you guys tried hybrids that have a tube power amp section instead of the tube pre/solid state power? Personally, I think it's a lot better. Crunching the power tubes is what gives the compression sound/feel. I've always that lacking with the pre-tube/solid state power type hybrids.

Valvestate's sucked. Have you guys tried hybrids that have a tube power amp section instead of the tube pre/solid state power? Personally, I think it's a lot better. Crunching the power tubes is what gives the compression sound/feel. I've always that lacking with the pre-tube/solid state power type hybrids.

Sounds like my little practice setup with an MXR distortion box, and a 60's Silvertone 15W tube amp.

JR97, whats up with that middle guitar? with the floyd, has a jackson type of headstock but looks like a PRS CE24 body, that looks amazing, i love that hollowbody too, looks gorgeous, and that banjo, gotta love that too

Only tried atomic amps but they were pretty decent. Line6's flagship amp has a valve poweramp but haven't had the chance to try it yet.

I agree nothing really compares to sound of a saturated poweramp but at lower volumes the pre-tube/solid state amps can get a pretty convincing sound. I am quite fond of the vox ad30 amp, they've got alot of dynamic range and you can play softly and it cleans up pretty nicely.

JR97, whats up with that middle guitar? with the floyd, has a jackson type of headstock but looks like a PRS CE24 body, that looks amazing, i love that hollowbody too, looks gorgeous, and that banjo, gotta love that too

The PRS looking thing is an early 80's Washburn. Apparently it was PRS's first foray into major production/distribution. I don't know the whole story of his time with Washburn, but he did a couple of lines and then split. It's got passive EMG's that suck @ss. The fretboard is carbon which is pretty different. I've been planning on dropping in some Seymour Duncan's but haven't gotten around to it. I had a Washburn rep tell me that they're collector's items, but I can't see why other than for "historical" reasons since the thing isn't worth anywhere near the original sticker price. These were $1k guitars back in the day. I got it off of ebay for $80 and put about $100 in to it to get playable again.

Below is a pic of the hollow body my buddy took.

hollow2.jpg

Edited by JR97

I've never heard a solid state pre-amp that has decent distorted tone. I had an old Music Man combo with SS-pre and tube power, but it only sounded decent with a tune preamp into the return of the effects loop. I have heard tube pre's with SS power amps that sounded great. Then again, a mesa triaxis sounds great with just about any type of power amp.

The PRS looking thing is an early 80's Washburn. Apparently it was PRS's first foray into major production/distribution. I don't know the whole story of his time with Washburn, but he did a couple of lines and then split. It's got passive EMG's that suck @ss. The fretboard is carbon which is pretty different. I've been planning on dropping in some Seymour Duncan's but haven't gotten around to it. I had a Washburn rep tell me that they're collector's items, but I can't see why other than for "historical" reasons since the thing isn't worth anywhere near the original sticker price. These were $1k guitars back in the day. I got it off of ebay for $80 and put about $100 in to it to get playable again.

i'm a huge PRS fan i love some of their models his work is amazing, and i had to look it up last night before this and found it, baffled i didnt know he started with Washburn, i hate passive EMG's i actually have a seymour duncan humbucker, i cant remember what it is, you can have it if you pay for shipping, i really have no need for it, My old set up was a Duncan Invader at the bridge and a Jazz at the neck so its probably the jazz since it doesnt have those allen wrench screws on it so its probably and most likely the Jazz pickup, i loved it for rythm sounds. not posting to sell just saying if you want it and i dont want it you can mess with it.

i would love a CE24, but that price tag and my love for more hockey gear beats it so i might just settle for the SE C24 version, and just get a HFS treble and a Vintage Bass humbuckers for one, it'd be amazing.

Edited by Thinkingjack