Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

Newest conversion will be posted on Saturday...can't wait to try them out on Sunday. After a sizing snafu because I had to buy them blindly, being an unreleased skate, I'll finally have the right size on Fridayl

Guys I really want to do the Ice to Inline conversion; a few questions answered would be greatly appreciated!!!

1. The Carbon Fiber bottom - will it sustain the new holes and should I get some appoxie / spread tow to fill in the old holes?

2. Can anyone recomend someone in the NYC area who you would trust with your own skates?

I am really inclined to do this as a DIY but i am the type of guy to burn the house down so I think I'd rather let a pro at it the first go around.

I am trying to get a pair of X70s fitted with an inline chassis I have from a pair of X60Rs that never really fit well and I would rather combine these two then splurge on a new set of wheels..

Finished them today! Cannnnnot wait to use them tomorrow.

10338246_10202289127092826_8746281024343

Bauer Nexus 8000 skates

Hi-Lo Vanguard chassis

Rink Rat Hornet Split wheels

Hi-Lo Swiss LE bearings

• Like 1

Bauer Nexus 8000 skates

Hi-Lo Vanguard chassis

Hi-Lo Swiss LE bearings

Why did they copper them all?

10338246_10202289127092826_8746281024343

Bauer Nexus 8000 skates

Hi-Lo Vanguard chassis

Hi-Lo Swiss LE bearings

f$%@ those are hot.

• Like 1

I work at HockeyGiant.

Congrats .. I guess?! are you implying that your workplace is where you got this done and that it can be of any help to me... no pun Broheem..just looking to get my wheels tuned up.

Which hockeygiant?

Anyone have a spare labeda hum'er chassis to sell? Preferably black and needs to be for a size 8-9 skate.

Cherry Hill, NJ

Congrats .. I guess?! are you implying that your workplace is where you got this done and that it can be of any help to me... no pun Broheem..just looking to get my wheels tuned up.

Yeah, that's where I did em at lol

By the way, first skate on them was today, and my oh my are they nice. Going to take a few skates to break them in, obviously. They were super, super stiff. But one of the most comfortable skates I've worn in a long time. I think Bauer hit a home run with these.

Edited by EBondo

^I was hoping you were going to say the one in Sterling, VA. I'm down in Richmond and it's the closest big hockey store to me. I did the last conversion myself and haven't had any issues at all after 6 months.

Hoping to be back in here soon with some new skates. I had recently picked up a set of the Alkali shift skates and while they skate really nice the heel area is giving me problems already. I took a gamble on these and lost. I've got them up on ebay and hoping to move quick so I can get back in something that works. If I can't get my money back out of them I might yank the frame off and keep it.

This is my current setup that has been working pretty nicely. Supreme one80's, Hi-lo vanguard frame, Labeda RPGs up front, Addictions out back, Bones Reds bearings.

923660_141385039365300_429583642_n.jpg

I bought the boots off ebay for real cheap several months ago and got lucky that the Supreme line is perfect for my foot. These were pretty well used when I got them so I just really want a fresh pair. Plus after skating the Alkali's I'm sold on the straight frame. I felt like I had much better pickup with the all 80s. I'm going to start keeping an eye out for some new one.7s or one.8s. I'm planning to just grab last years closeout stuff.

Edited by sjs0433

^I was hoping you were going to say the one in Sterling, VA. I'm down in Richmond and it's the closest big hockey store to me. I did the last conversion myself and haven't had any issues at all after 6 months.

Hoping to be back in here soon with some new skates. I had recently picked up a set of the Alkali shift skates and while they skate really nice the heel area is giving me problems already. I took a gamble on these and lost. I've got them up on ebay and hoping to move quick so I can get back in something that works. If I can't get my money back out of them I might yank the frame off and keep it.

This is my current setup that has been working pretty nicely. Supreme one80's, Hi-lo vanguard frame, Labeda RPGs up front, Addictions out back, Bones Reds bearings.

923660_141385039365300_429583642_n.jpg

I bought the boots off ebay for real cheap several months ago and got lucky that the Supreme line is perfect for my foot. These were pretty well used when I got them so I just really want a fresh pair. Plus after skating the Alkali's I'm sold on the straight frame. I felt like I had much better pickup with the all 80s. I'm going to start keeping an eye out for some new one.7s or one.8s. I'm planning to just grab last years closeout stuff.

addictions on asphalt?! MOMMA NO!!

No addictions on asphalt. I was going to my local outdoor rink to shoot and forgot to change the wheels. There was no aggressive skating done on them, just rolling around. I wouldn't do that to a set of addictions.

No addictions on asphalt. I was going to my local outdoor rink to shoot and forgot to change the wheels. There was no aggressive skating done on them, just rolling around. I wouldn't do that to a set of addictions.

eh, I think once you use them on an outdoor surface they are pretty much done. Doesnt matter if it was hard or not.

Those are some sweet, sweet skates EBondo...well done! I have the nexus 800's for ice and like them a lot but the 2nd gen Nexus look much improved.

Those are some sweet, sweet skates EBondo...well done! I have the nexus 800's for ice and like them a lot but the 2nd gen Nexus look much improved.

Thanks! The new Nexus line is light years better than the previous I think. Totally reimagined, light as hell, and comfortable in every way, for me at least. I think Bauer hit a home run with these, and I really hope they sell well.

Forgot I had these hidden in my storage. Bent the frame and can't use 'em anymore, they were my last pair I used for club hockey.

11tstuo.jpg

Those look they got mad use out of them. Personally, I love seeing skates beat to hell. Means they lived a good life.

• Like 2

Gents, Just finished my DIY conversion of the Bauer Vapor X3.0 with a HiLo chassis of my Bauer X60Rs. Not going to lie - it took me a good half the day. Getting the rivets out and then replacing the t-nuts was a headache - Chisel and Cutters and some drilling. The Coppers come of if you take a small hand saw, chop of the top and then pop it out with a screw driver / hammer. Used 6/32 T nuts and Bolts. Lock Thread and Going to top it all off with some JB Weld after your comments.

Went out for a skate; amazing, amazing, amazing. Effects - Agility is sick. Weight reduction = yes! comfort - it is a 3.0 I love this boot. Overall I can say my X60Rs were Herman Munster Shoes compared to these. Fear - will they hold up ? seemed fine I might be paranoid, but concerned about the very dainty sole and my 205 Lbs .. that and I do enjoy going for a street run.. NYC street's are an entire obstacle in itself - from drivers trying to run you down to pot holes.. these skates might take a bit of abuse.

Would deff appreciate some strategic comments and critique as I deff don't want them a) breaking and b) since I used bolts I intend to still cover up the extra holes with epoxy and maybe even do a layer of some thin leather to act as a washer between chassis and boot, and lastly what do you think if I lay over something to re-enforce the sole - maybe a layer or two of carbon fibers or just a thin sheet of plastic -...it just seems so freaking dainty. What can you recommend as far as the build, what do you see off the bat? What do you think about my re enforcement idea? . Can not wait to throw my addictions on them tomorrow at the indoor rink.. first game in these.

Disappointment - I didn't expect to find such a thin paper sole in a Bauer skate. This part was hidden by the runner. Bauer - Shame on you! We know you're making these in China, so perhaps reduce Ovi8's endorsement deal money and improve the skate! You could do better! Bauer you get an F this time. Very very very disappointing. It is freaking paper with carbon fiber outlines covered by some plastic. ughh .. freakishly scary.

ZnhqdKY.jpg?2fkPcivR.jpg?1NmMDJ0h.jpg?1

Hogl1Sg.jpg?167RNXue.jpg?1

Edited  by PinkApe404

15819.73118_4.jpg

I like to use these nippers to remove copper rivets. Use the rivet as leverage to cut the washer. Once cut, the washer pops off easily. Use a hammer/punch to knock out the rivet.