Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

I love the way those One7's look, great skates!

So my last re-conversion of the 1st gen 9K's with the Labeda Sensor chassis did not go well. I picked up some Bauer One6's and went with the good old Red Star E Frame. I love the skates, I baked them twice and the fit is amazing. Super light skates and felt great the first time out! Thanks to stock07 for trading wheels wtih me. :smile:

One6001_zps6a709556.jpg

One6002_zps441c890e.jpg

What size chasis would you suggest to use for a 7.5 skate

To anyone who has used t nuts and bolts for a conversion, i could use your help. So i read I need 6/32 or 8/32 t nuts and bolts, but in UK they range from M4 to M10 and for the life of me i cant figure out what i need.

I was looking at these tnuts on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M4-M5-M6-M8-M10-FOUR-PRONGED-CAPTIVE-T-NUTS-TEENUT-TEE-NUT-WOOD-FURNITURE-/301693245026?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item463e519662

and these bolts http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M3-M4-M5-M6-M8-M10-HIGH-TENSILE-CAP-HEAD-ALLEN-BOLTS-SELF-COLOUR-SOCKET-SCREWS/191631586181?_trksid=p2045573.c100034.m2102&_trkparms=aid%3D555012%26algo%3DPW.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20140107092241%26meid%3Deb07056fbc484cd9a8ae5bf9205b2740%26pid%3D100034%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D181230569842

Or if theres any other tnuts or bolts i should be looking at (from UK of course), id be greatful

The boot is a Bauer Nexus 600 and chassis is the older gold Labeda Hum'er chassis if that matters, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Edited by fedorov#91

A #6 bolt (6-32 (32 threads per inch)) is 0.1406" (3.57187mm)

A #8 bolt is 0.15625" or 3.969mm.

Your M4 is the closest..a tiny bit bigger than 8-32

Thanks alot for the reply, m4 it is!

Do you know what length bolts i should go with or should i get a few different lengths depending on heel and toe?

1/2" (12mm) bolts fit my XR5's. Some were too long and had to be filed down.

If you had a really thick spot on your outsole (usually heel), you might need 4 or 8 16mm long bolts.

1/2" (12mm) bolts fit my XR5's. Some were too long and had to be filed down.

If you had a really thick spot on your outsole (usually heel), you might need 4 or 8 16mm long bolts.

Ok cool, everythings been ordered!

Thanks for all the help mate

To anyone who has used t nuts and bolts for a conversion, i could use your help. So i read I need 6/32 or 8/32 t nuts and bolts, but in UK they range from M4 to M10 and for the life of me i cant figure out what i need.

I was looking at these tnuts on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M4-M5-M6-M8-M10-FOUR-PRONGED-CAPTIVE-T-NUTS-TEENUT-TEE-NUT-WOOD-FURNITURE-/301693245026?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item463e519662

and these bolts http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M3-M4-M5-M6-M8-M10-HIGH-TENSILE-CAP-HEAD-ALLEN-BOLTS-SELF-COLOUR-SOCKET-SCREWS/191631586181?_trksid=p2045573.c100034.m2102&_trkparms=aid%3D555012%26algo%3DPW.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20140107092241%26meid%3Deb07056fbc484cd9a8ae5bf9205b2740%26pid%3D100034%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D181230569842

Or if theres any other tnuts or bolts i should be looking at (from UK of course), id be greatful

The boot is a Bauer Nexus 600 and chassis is the older gold Labeda Hum'er chassis if that matters, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

check my post from a page or so back. I made a video as well. Make sure you get the right length bolt because cutting them down and then sanding the tips is a pita.

This style of wire stripper has holes in the middle for cutting small bolts down, and works great.

wire-stripper.jpg

I'm not sure if they're available in metric in the UK?

I used this the first time, and the problem I had was after cutting, the end of the bolt would get kind of messed up, and would make it really hard for the bolt the "catch" the nut. So what I had to do was after every cut with the wire stripper, I would use a dremel to sand down the tip of my bolt so it would catch. Doesnt seem that hard, but do it like 30 times and it adds a ton of time to your conversion. Id rather just spend more money on a few different size bolts and save time.

Yeah ive seen the same style with m4, m5 etc labelled. The bolts i ordered were 10mm and 12mm after you mentioned you needed to file down the 12mm, if i need any longer i can order them easily as they're super cheap

I know exactly what you're talking about, louierev07. I have a shop full of tools and prefer those pliers to a cutoff wheel to cut for length and abrasives to fix the threads. Maybe your wire stripper pliers are loose?

You're 100% correct that using the correct length bolt is easier than any cutting method!!

I know exactly what you're talking about, louierev07. I have a shop full of tools and prefer those pliers to a cutoff wheel to cut for length and abrasives to fix the threads. Maybe your wire stripper pliers are loose?

You're 100% correct that using the correct length bolt is easier than any cutting method!!

That could have been it - also from the conversions Ive done - not all nuts and bolts are the same. Some are a little bigger than others depending on the brand. because the bolt was so snug, the little bit of bending from the cutters was probably enough to make it a pain to get back in the nut. Im guessing I would have been fine using the bolts I use now (from bolt depot).

EDIT: also just saw this dumb lifehack on reddit. Not sure if it would be better or worse for cutting bolts, but I figure id share it anway.

usesForTools_5-620x620.jpg?resize=620%2C

Edited by louierev07
  • Like 1

Can this be salvaged with epoxy to have a new frame mounted on it? I currently have JB weld putty type epoxy that you can actually see traces of on the sole. It worked fine for patching, but i have concerns over filling and then re-drilling holes these holes since they are so large at this point.

P.S. - yea i butchered the hell out of these things by doing multiple frame swaps. People often say how the Cobra holder is the big reason for the pitch in Graf skates but there were huge noticeable differences in pitch between my Bauer Vapors/Supremes and my Grafs while both used the same frames.

9Goaz6j.jpg?1