Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

I'd go for a thin/runny epoxy and mix in carbon fiber.

http://www.amazon.com/PC-Products-PC-Clear-Adhesive-Syringe/dp/B008H4QSX4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1442414588&sr=8-3&keywords=epoxy

Cut discs of this stuff to cover the holes.

(cheapest CF I could find on eBay...you don't need tape:)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toray-T700-Real-Carbon-Fiber-12k-Unidirectional-Cloth-Fabric-Tap-4-wide-200gsm-/151815792317?hash=item2358ed26bd

Use the scrap and chop into 1/8" - 1/4" pieces and mix it into the epoxy. Smoosh it into the holes and cover with the CF tape, wet the tape out and cover with masking tape or saran wrap to keep it flat.

Let the boot sit upright until it cures so the epoxy doesn't run into the boot.

I'd go for a thin/runny epoxy and mix in carbon fiber.http://www.amazon.com/PC-Products-PC-Clear-Adhesive-Syringe/dp/B008H4QSX4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1442414588&sr=8-3&keywords=epoxyCut discs of this stuff to cover the holes.(cheapest CF I could find on eBay...you don't need tape:)http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toray-T700-Real-Carbon-Fiber-12k-Unidirectional-Cloth-Fabric-Tap-4-wide-200gsm-/151815792317?hash=item2358ed26bdUse the scrap and chop into 1/8" - 1/4" pieces and mix it into the epoxy. Smoosh it into the holes and cover with the CF tape, wet the tape out and cover with masking tape or saran wrap to keep it flat.Let the boot sit upright until it cures so the epoxy doesn't run into the boot.

Appreciate the feedback. I'm not sure I trust my handy skills to pull something like that off. I feel like I may do more harm than good

People often say how the Cobra holder is the big reason for the pitch in Graf skates but there were huge noticeable differences in pitch between my Bauer Vapors/Supremes and my Grafs while both used the same frames.

The forward pitch is built into the Graf boot not the holder.

This is going to be pretty old subject but I got a pair of rbz 100's recently for the sole purpose I converting using an aluminium hilo chassis and being a pair of skates to last me forever but after reading a couple posts people were writing about the soles being a problem. Can anyone give me any advice please. Thanks

Did these for a customer a couple of days ago:

Custom Nexus 7000 ice skates, shipped undrilled/unmounted

+3 stiffness

Mission Hi-Lo Mg chassis

I think they look great with the white frame. The inside edge of the boot makes the skate look like an ice skate, and the blue accents match the boot.

The only regret I have with the boot construction is that I should've opted for a composite midsole.

N7000rh.jpg

N7000rh2.jpg

• Like 6

The forward pitch is built into the Graf boot not the holder.

Isn't it both? I thought the Cobra/Ultra pitch is more aggressive than most holders other than the CXN.

Anyone ever to a straight 80 conversion with RBZ ice boots?

Buddy is doing the conversion and cannot get 80's to fit the front without massive shims.

Chassis is a Labeda from some Tour Cobalt Q's.

Debating between going with a straight 76mm set-up, adding the shims or just going HiLo... I've never skated on anything but a straight-80.

Not sure if the Alkali chassis or newer Labeda chassis would help???

Anyone ever to a straight 80 conversion with RBZ ice boots?

Buddy is doing the conversion and cannot get 80's to fit the front without massive shims.

Chassis is a Labeda from some Tour Cobalt Q's.

Debating between going with a straight 76mm set-up, adding the shims or just going HiLo... I've never skated on anything but a straight-80.

Not sure if the Alkali chassis or newer Labeda chassis would help???

You should be able to mount the chassis on the boot and then dremmel out some space for the wheel to spin on the outsole. I've mounted the Hummer chassis on multiple boots with a composite outsole and every time I had to dremmel out a spot for the second wheel. The integrity of the outsole was never compromised when I did this and all of the skates held up fine.

You should be able to mount the chassis on the boot and then dremmel out some space for the wheel to spin on the outsole. I've mounted the Hummer chassis on multiple boots with a composite outsole and every time I had to dremmel out a spot for the second wheel. The integrity of the outsole was never compromised when I did this and all of the skates held up fine.

Thanks for the reply. I am going to take a look at it to give the okay after we test fit 76mm. He is saying that the 80mm would require to dremmel through the entire outsole into the interior of the boot! I have heard that the RBZ ice outsole is very thin.

Just wondering how the RBZ inlines fit 80mm. Guessing it has a tall chassis?

Also thought about buying the Alkali ones that claim that no dremmel is needed.

I have just never skated on anything other than a straight-80 Tour/Labeda. So HiLo scares me as does adding a ton of height and/or straight-76mm.

I would agree with the dremmel of the second wheel. I've converted the 100's with Hi-Lo and have had to do the second wheel on both skates so you will definitely have to with 80's.

Planning on mounting an old Red Star E-Frame I have to either my pair of 8090s or One90s. Can anyone recommend a shop/person who does quality work at a fair price that I can mail these to? I unfortunately don't have a local store and am too scared to try to do a conversion myself.

It depends where you're located. If you're in Canada then Dylan at Just Hockey in Toronto has done a great job on a few conversions I've had done there over the years. If you're in another country then you're probably better off finding someone skilled at mounting in that country to save on shipping costs.

It depends where you're located. If you're in Canada then Dylan at Just Hockey in Toronto has done a great job on a few conversions I've had done there over the years. If you're in another country then you're probably better off finding someone skilled at mounting in that country to save on shipping costs.

Ah, that would be helpful information. I'm located in the southeastern U.S.

Can someone help me with and outsole issue after conversion please? I've converted a pair of RBZ 100's and knew about the sole coming away slightly around the toe so epoxyed the little bits and left them.

On one side of one of the toeboxes the sole came away even more, even though I had epoxy in it. To rectify this I filled the hole with as much eposy as I could but there is still that flex when weight is applied to the boot.

Has anyone got any advice on how to solve this? Do I need to use a stronger epoxy? Do I need to use the epoxy to bond the sole to the boot rather then fill the hole?

Thanks in advance guys!

On 3/3/2016 at 7:18 PM, datsvechkin said:

The One95s is such a good boot to convert. Top comfort and they are tanks against wear

Good to hear. The tongues are in bad shape. Will be replacing soon.